Test Review #3
Review for Test #3 (FINAL)
Test on Chapter 13,14,15, 16, 24
Chapter 13- Social Support, Relationships, and Communication
- How does social-support helps with stressful situations?
- What does research shown about the longevity between married men and single men?
- What does love language refers to in love and relationships?
- According to Dr. Leo Buscaglia, what is the most important quality of a working relationship?
- What are the 4 different types of social support?
- What are the 5 types of conflict management styles? Which on is constructive when facing differences and conflict? Which one is referred to as win-win style?
- According to Dr. Dean Ornish, what is a risk factor for heart disease that is just as important as high cholesterol or obesity?
- According to researchers Diener and Seligman, who has the highest levels of happiness & fewer signs of depression?
- What is the ratio of positive compared to negative factors in successful marriages?
- What does it mean to listen autobiographical and empathically?
- According to Dr. John Gray, author of “Men are from Mars, Women Are from Venus”, how do men & women differ in dealing with stress?
Chapter 14 - Creating a Healing Environment
- What is the Learned Response Theory?
- What is light? How does light affect us?
- What is melatonin and which part of the brain produce it?
- What are some positive affects of natural sunlight on healing?
- What are Chromotherapy and Aromatherapy and their relationship to stress?
- What's the fastest & simplest way to introduce essential oils into the body?
- Understand what are healing environment, technostress, ergonomics, decibels, perceived noisiness, and Feng shui
- What is the special compass that feng shui practitioners use to determine the energy characteristics of a room?
- What's the relationship between technology and well-being?
- What is Seasonal Affective Disorder and heat effect?
Chapter 15- Healthy Life Styles
- How does regular exercise benefit the body? What happens if we over exercise?
- What is the best exercise?
- What's the best choice for whole grain foods?
- What is the result of continued cortisol secretion?
- Who is more likely to be a smoker?
- What is cardiorespiratory fitness?
- What is bulimia, runaway eating, nicotine and caffeine and how they relate to stress?
- What is the number 1 drug abused by college students?
- Which type of food is considered ideal anti-stress food?
- What is a good rule of thumb to follow for eating veggies and fruits?
- What happens to the unused or excess glucose (simple sugar) in your body?
- What is the main job of the stress hormone - cortisol?
- What are some suggestions for getting better sleep at night?
- What's the problem with nicotine?
- How many percent of Americans follow all 4 key healthy lifestyle habits of not smoking, maintaining a healthy body weight, consuming 5 fruits/veg. a day, exercising at least 30 min. each day?
Chapter 16 - Introduction to Relaxation/(Meditation)
- What is relaxation?
- What is the most important aspect of a relaxation exercise?
- What is the best attitude to have when you do a relaxation exercise?
- How do relaxation techniques improve your body's response to stress?
- What is passive alertness as applied to relaxation practice?
- What is meditation?
- What is a mental device used as a focus in meditation called?
Chapter 24- More Stress-Reduction Strategies
- How does music help us in dealing with stress?
- How often do we as adults laugh compare to children?
- What is the worst form of humor?
- Laughter is associated with the release of which mood-lifting hormone?
- What is the relationship between humor and laughter?
- What is the key underlying principle of Medical Resonance Therapy (MRT) Music ?
- How long should a power nap last for the greatest recharge?
- What is the Mozart effect?