Meeting Notes - April 28, 2009
1) Approval of Notes from April 14, 2009
The notes were approved.
2) Budget Update
• May 19 Ballot Impact: The monetary impact of the ballots not passing is approx. $6 billion. The projected 09-10 cuts to FHDA if the propositions do not pass is approx. $9.3 million. The State is preparing a revised budget for presentation in the event the ballots do not pass. The May revise is now expected on May 28th rather than in June.
• Two Year Cumulative Effect: the District is projecting a possible two-year cumulative effect of between $24.2 million - $27.2 million. The District is reviewing the budget again in order to pull every dollar to the bottom line to help close the deficit.
• Support for Ballot Measures. -The California Community College Trustees and Chief Executive Officers of California Community Colleges boards voted unanimously to support the six ballot measures on the May 19 ballot. In doing so, the boards recognized that the measures are necessary to implement the eighteen-month budget adopted by the Legislature and governor in February, and necessary to avoid a possible $319 million cut to community colleges in 2009-10.
During the discussion the follow points were made:
3) PBT Program Review Timeline
The Instructional PBT is meeting on 4/28/09 and 4/30/09 to analyze their program reviews and engage in a detailed discussion in order to look for possible restructure, reorganization and/or reductions to present to College Council as their budget reduction plan. Members of the Campus Budget team are encouraged to participate, listen and learn.
Finance PBT have identified a portion of their reductions and are meeting on May 7th to complete the task.
Student Services PBT have identified their reductions.
4) Burning Issues
Contact: Pippa Gibson