Mission Statement - De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning
environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities;
to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities,
the nation and the world. The college engages students in creative work that demonstrates
the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s Institutional Core Competencies:
• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental justice
• Critical thinking — Updated Spring 2014
Meeting Notes - October 15, 2015
Members: Argyriou, Cook (co-chair), Glapion (co-chair), Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso, Robles, Shears, Ward, White-Daniels
Guest: Susan Cheu
There were no amendments to the agenda or the notes.
Cook reviewed some of the information on the SSPBT website and went over how the meetings will proceed for our new members.
- There is very good collaboration within the group and we can openly discuss issues.
- It would be helpful if we could connect the dots around campus, how the information relates/connects to other areas.
- It would be beneficial to include information from other committees into SSPBT.
SSSP Plan & Budget Review
Mieso presented on this year’s SSSP plan.
Comment on presentation – There needs to be an accountability plan/model in place.
The committee was asked to approve the proposed job positions for this year using SSSP funds:
- Evaluator (1)
- SSSP Service Coordinators (2)
- Counselors (4)
- Testing Technician (1)
- Student Ambassadors (10)
These positions are dependent on the actual SSSP Budget that is still in development. The committee agreed on the positions presented.
Student Equity Plan
This item will be presented and discussed in the Nov. 5th meeting.
SSPBT Survey Review
This item will be reviewed in the next meeting due to time.
Previous goals will be reviewed and updated in the next meeting.
B Budget Allocation
Susan Cheu presented on the changes to the B Budget.