Mission Statement - De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning
environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities;
to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities,
the nation and the world. The college engages students in creative work that demonstrates
the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s Institutional Core Competencies:
• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental justice
• Critical thinking — Updated Spring 2014
Meeting Notes - April 21, 2016
Attending Members: Cook (co-chair), Glapion (co-chair), Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, White-Daniels
There were no amendments to the agenda and two made to the notes.
Self-Study Team Updates
- Surveys are being created.
- Preliminary conversations are taking place.
- Starting to work with various groups on campus.
- Gathering information and forming committees.
- Accreditation information is linked on our webpages for reference.
- We have a new version that everyone needs to get familiar with. Managers will receive
access and will then be able to see their SLO liaison for the group.
- Mary will give an overview of the new version of TracDat to the managers.
- Each department designates a SLO liaison and needs to make sure they receive training.
Future SSPBT Meetings
- 30-45 minutes of SSPBT will now be used for Accreditation work. Workgroups and discussions can take place during this time.