Mission Statement - De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning
environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities;
to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities,
the nation and the world. The college engages students in creative work that demonstrates
the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s Institutional Core Competencies:
• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental justice
• Critical thinking — Updated Spring 2014
Meeting Notes - May 19, 2016
Attending Members: Argyriou, Glapion (co-chair), Kaur (DASB), LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso, Shears
Guests: Sobia Chahal and Keith Lara
There were no amendments to the agenda or to the notes.
DASB Title IX & Curriculum
Chahal from the DASB Senate presented to the team some of their goals regarding sexual harassment on campus:
- Increase on campus awareness
- Visiting campaigns with speakers & workshops
- More education on campus
- Flyers, posters, etc.
- Bring the information directly to the classrooms
- Add it to the curriculum
- Consent Project
- Reaching out to faculty and staff
- Expand Counseling 50
- Include information on Title IX
- Clarification on what consent is
- Resources for student on and off campus
They have already met with the Dean of Counseling and the department Chair to discuss some of the above as well as the Academic Senate. If anyone would like to get involved, please contact them.
Review Office 365 for Accreditation
Reviewed OneDrive in Office 365 to make sure everyone had access to the drive and the Accreditation Matrix.
Accreditation Work Time
The remaining time of the meeting was given to the different committees to work on accreditation.