• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental justice
• Critical thinking — Updated Spring 2014
Meeting Notes - May 21, 2015
Attending: Cook (co-chair), Glapion (co-chair), Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mieso, Santa Cruz, Shears, White-Daniels
Guests: Mayra Cruz, Virginia Marquez, Marisa Spatafore
There were no amendments to the agenda or the notes.
Education Master Plan Presentation
The five-year Education Master Plan is developed and revised in year 4 as designated in the Resource Allocation Cycle. We are currently revising the plan for the next 6-year cycle starting in 2017-18. The Educational Master plan data is also updated and presented annually.
Program Review – Financial Aid (cont)
This review was postponed today and will be completed in the next meeting.
- Workshops on the different functional capabilities of DegreeWorks.
- Reviewed some of the different modules that are available.
- Recruiter Module – outreach program
- Student Schedule – electronic scheduling
- Many mobile Apps are being created for students
- Reviewed a demo for the Khan Academy iPad app
- Presentation on Financial Aid
- Individualized information available for each student.
- DegreeWorks tracks the student from their goal all the way to transfer or graduation.
- Information on Early Alert Planning
- Learned about what to look for when implementing.
- Don’t want to be focusing on one specific group of students.
- New modules would require some technical training.
- Would suggest attendance at the Ellucian conference next year, 2016.
Updates from Teams
Teams will now transition to the SSSP Advisory Committee. The SSSP webpage has been created and the committee reviewed the information.
The Student Success & Support Program webpage includes:
- Core Services
- Funding Formula & Timeline
- MIS Reports
- SSSP Documents