Mission Statement - De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning
environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities;
to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities,
the nation and the world. The college engages students in creative work that demonstrates
the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s Institutional Core Competencies:
• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental justice
• Critical thinking — Updated Spring 2014
Meeting Notes - June 1, 2017
Attending Members: Argyriou, Cook (co-chair), Glapion (co-chair), LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Robles, Ward
There were no amendments to the agenda or to the notes.
Accreditation Report - Standard II.C Feedback
- Some of the sections seemed incomplete and some of the functional areas were not mentioned.
- With the alignment of SSSP, Equity, and Basic Skills, the report doesn’t indicate how the different areas on campus are working together to provide these services.
The TrakDat template is set for the comprehensive review and not APRU that is due this year. Cook will contact Veronica Avila to update the template.
Program & Committee Updates
- George reported on EOPS
- EOPS is holding their year-end celebration on June 16th from 2 - 4:30 pm in Conference rooms A & B.
- LeBleu-Burns reported on Foster Youth
- Guardian Scholars is holding their year-end celebration on June 14th from 6 - 7:30 pm in the Fireside Room.
- Ward reported on Veterans
- The Veterans Program will be having their year-end celebration on June 22nd from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm in Conference rooms A & B.