Food Pantry and CalFresh at De Anza!
Are you having difficulty paying for food? Check out the Food Pantry and these additional programs on our campus.
Visit the Food Pantry in Our New Location: RSS 127
Stop by any time during the following hours. You'll need to bring your student ID and meet the income guidelines for the state Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Closed on holidays
Remember Our New LocationThe Food Pantry has moved. You'll find us in the new Outreach Office in Room 127 of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) building, down the hall from the Bookstore.
New Items Available at the Food Pantry!
- Emergency toiletries – available on Mondays from noon-1 p.m. and Tuesdays from 11 a.m.-noon
- Feminine hygiene products – available during regular Food Pantry hours (see above)
- Emergency food vouchers – available Mondays from 11 a.m.-noon and Tuesday-Friday from 10-11 a.m.
- Prepared food to go – available while supplies last on Tuesdays after 10 a.m.
For more information, contact the Outreach Office at email@example.com or 408.864.5730.
Help Support the Food Pantry
Food insecurity among college students is a serious issue. A recent survey of De Anza students found nearly four out of ten experienced food insecurity. In the 2018-19 academic year the De Anza Food Pantry was accessed by 419 unduplicated students a total of 2,245 times. Please consider supporting student achievement through access to food. Visit the Foothill-De Anza Foundation's Quick Donate webpage and designate your gift for the De Anza Food Pantry.
If you need food assistance, the Mobile Food Pantry truck will be in Parking Lot C on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Look for it near the student drop-off area.
You can find fresh produce, meat, dairy products, dry goods and canned items in the mobile pantry, courtesy of West Valley Community Services and De Anza College.
This mobile service is offered in addition to the regular Food Pantry that's operated at the Outreach Office in the RSS building. Scroll down this page for more information about that program.
Stop by the Main Quad on campus every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 p.m., for a selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, grown locally.
You can purchase items at a 50 percent discount if you also receive CalFresh, WIC, SSI, SSDI or Medi-Cal assistance.
Find out if you're eligible for CalFresh!
- Monthly cash assistance for purchasing food
- Provided via EBT debit card (looks like any other debit card)
- Use it to buy groceries and fresh produce at participating stores and farmers' markets
To find out if you qualify, get help with your application, or extend your eligibility ...
- Visit the Second Harvest website to apply or contact Second Harvest