Make an Appointment
De Anza Psychological Services is NOT a 24-hour program
- If you need immediate help, please see the crisis intervention information.
- For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1
Meet with a Psychological Services Counselor
Appointments are available and may be made Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 4:30pm and Friday from 8:30am to 2:00pm for registered students at De Anza College.
Please cancel an appointment you cannot attend at least 48 hours in advance.
Follow these steps to make an appointment.
- Call Psychological Services at 408.864.8868. You can also visit us in person to schedule your appointment or email Adriano Fidelio to make an appointment. We are located in Room 127 of the Registration & Student Services Building.
- State that you need personal/psychological counseling.
- Make an appointment.
- Fill out the pre-appointment forms linked below.
- Come to the Registration & Student Services Building (formerly the Student & Community Services Building), Rm 127 (round the corner from the college Bookstore) to meet with your counselor.
Arrive 10-15 minutes early if you have not yet completed paperwork. Check in and then wait in the waiting area. (See map for building location).
Please download and complete the following PDF documents before coming for your first appointment. The CCAPS assessment is given to all students before session to gather information about the issues they would like to speak about in therapy. Please bring these forms and any questions you have to your first session.
If you have questions regarding the forms or do not feel comfortable in completing all or any of them, do not worry.
Just bring the forms with you for your first appointment. Your counselor would be more than willing to speak with you about your concerns.
After You Arrive
- Check in. Check in with Psychological Services Personnel. Complete any paperwork that you have not completed in advance. Make a payment for your session if you have already completed the 5 free sessions.
- Meet your therapist. Your therapist will come and find you in the waiting area. You will be invited to a therapy room, where you can speak in private with the therapist. The therapist will review your paperwork, gather some more information about you, and explain how therapy works.
- Therapy. You will be invited to tell why you made an appointment. The therapist will give you a chance to speak and may ask you questions. The therapist will make sure you are comfortable. You are welcome to ask any questions you have. Therapy sessions usually last 50 minutes.
Most clients seek short-term services with our therapists. In order to provide services to students when needed, students are generally limited to 12 sessions during their entire enrollment at De Anza College. No-shows and late cancellations contribute to this limit.