Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|35952||EWRT 1A||2D||M·W····||10:00 AM-12:15 PM||Becky Roberts||L62|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
EWRT-001A-02D: LEARNING COMMUNITY. Requires concurrent enrollment in LART 250.02D (CRN 35953). Open to all students but recommended for students with GPA between 2.0 and 2.59. To learn more To learn more, please contact CASA Counselors - firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the classes, go to: https://goo.gl/forms/1pGhMgq75bkO7F593
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211); or equivalent placement (normally based on results of the English Placement Tests).