Today: "A Day On, Not a Day Off"
Join us for a special event honoring the legacy of Dr. King, featuring guest speaker Willie L. Brown Jr.
About the BFSA
The Black, Faculty, Staff and Administrators (BFSA) Network of De Anza College is a network of faculty, staff and administrators who identify as Black, African-American, African, Afro-American or of African ancestry or descent, and those employees who support our causes and initiatives. Members of the BFSA Network can be current or past employees of De Anza College.
The objectives of the Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators Network are to
- Identify and address annual, cultural events related to Black people and introduce or communicate them to the campus community in the form of celebratory and informative events and/or through various media outlets;
- Assist the Black student population and special programs (Umoja, SSSP, MPS, FYE, etc.) with outreach events to: ensure that this population grows every year and every student is nurtured through positive BFSA role-models; participate in college event and program planning to ensure relevant and cultural activities dedicated to their success;
- Coordinate and execute the annual, scholarship and awards luncheon, held in the spring quarter, which celebrates our Black student population through the awarding of scholarships and various awards;
- Fundraise monies throughout the year to financially assist in: appropriate functioning of the network; executing planned, annual network events; and donate a specified amount (determined by the BFSA Network executive board and scholarship luncheon committee) towards the annual scholarship awards;
- Coordinate and plan activities specifically for BFSA Network members that help to recruit and sustain members and introduce the campus community personally to our membership; celebrate member accomplishments (ex. tenure, Employees of the Month, longevity awards, etc.);
- Encourage and support each other during his/her employment at De Anza College to ensure success, longevity and commitment of the BFSA Network on this campus for years to come.
Black Graduation and Achievement Ceremony
This year's Black Graduation and Achievement Ceremony was held online via Zoom on Friday, June 19.