Equity Scholar Activist Program
Every academic year, we look forward to hiring student interns to advance equity on campus.
Eligibility: To be employed as a student intern, you must...
- To be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units at De Anza College during the quarter in which they are working
- To be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units if you are CalWORKs funded student employee
- To have fewer than 180 attempted units in the FHDA District.
- To maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Are not permitted to work more than 15 hours per week, or more than 8 hours per day
- Must obtain permission from their supervisor before working a holiday or more than 8 hours in one day. Doing either, is strongly discouraged
- To be paid time-and-a-half for working overtime
- To take an unpaid meal break of at least 30 minutes (preferably mid-shift) if scheduled to work more than 5 hours
- Responsible for submitting their time sheet online by the last work day of the month and for making sure their supervisor has approved it online before the deadline.
- Eligible for Workers' Compensation for any work-related injuries or illness
- Not eligible for unemployment compensation
- Student are responsible for giving their supervisors as much notice as possible regarding pending ineligibility
- Student employees will be eligible for a maximum of 24 hours of sick leave during the academic year (July 1 - June 30). Unused sick leave will roll over into the next academic year as long is there is less than a 12 month break in service
Pay rates are as follows:
- Student interns are paid $14.00/hour.
- Student interns are eligible for raises of $0.75/hour after working successfully for three consecutive quarters.
- Volunteers are always welcome!
- For details on student employment policies and procedures, see http://www.deanza.edu/financialaid/employmt.htm
- Submit resume and cover letter
- Complete student intern application
- Complete interview(s).
If you are hired, then you will:
- If Work Study, complete an employment packet and orange card. Submit to the Financial Aid office, lower floor of the Campus Center. Packets are available at the Financial Aid office or downloadable from http://www.deanza.edu/financialaid/employ_pack.html .
- If Cal Works, complete appropriate paperwork.
- If DASB funded, complete basic paperwork and yellow card.
- Attend a Procedures and Responsibilities Orientation. We will review the Student Intern Handbook to understand our policies and procedures.
- Attend an Onboarding Orientation.