The Visual Performing Arts Center
The Visual Performing Arts Center (VPAC) Theater is a 400-seat theater available for rent to the local community. This theater offers top audio, video, and lighting capabilities for a variety of different performances including dances, orchestras, concerts, theatrical plays, and presentations.
Watch more video segments and the complete campus video tour on the Video Tour webpage.
How Do I Rent the VPAC?
- Please first review all VPAC Rental Policies.
- Contact the Rental Coordinator at email@example.com or (408) 864-8333 to discuss open dates and pricing.
- Fill out the VPAC Rental Application
- DO NOT begin advertising your event until a confirmed contract is signed by the rental coordinator and the deposit is received by the cashier's department.
- Completion of the application online does not constitute an agreement.
- No reservation is secure without a deposit in place.
* Any De Anza groups or departments interested in booking the VPAC must contact the Facilities Rental Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 864-8333. De Anza groups and organizations are subject to separate rental policies.
The VPAC theater is rented by the hour with a minimum of 4 hours per event Monday-Thursday and a minimum of 6 hours per event Friday-Sunday. All rentals include all base line technicians required for an event, in most cases a stage technician, audio technician, and lighting technician. Please note that all variety shows will require a mandatory 4th technician at cost unless stated otherwise. All concerts must submit a tech rider prior to submitting an application for audio requirement review. Some events may require additional equipment ordered at cost, the current rates and fees are as follows:
- $430/hr for Facility Rental and Tech ($340/hr non-profit *).
- $296 Maintenance Fee per Event Day
- $50 Application Fee
- $60/hr Additional Technician (if required)
- $100 per wireless microphone kit if more than 4 are needed
- Additional setup and breakdown time for orchestra shell or dance marley
* Please review non-profit terms and conditions
- Speaker/Panel Presentation
- Fireside Chat
- Dance Performance w/ Marley Flooring
- Musical Concert/Recital
- Cinema Digital/HD Screen
- State-of-the-art sound and projection system
- Modular dressing room(s) w/ bathrooms
- Green room with LCD screen live feed from the stage
- Loading dock
- Lobby and outdoor patio areas for reception
- Box office
- Marley dance floor
- Orchestra shell
- Wheel chair seating and other accessibility features
- VIEW VPAC'S DRESSING ROOMS, GREEN ROOM, PATIO AREA, AND LOBBY
About the VPAC
Constructed in 2010, the VPAC serves as not only a theater for De Anza College and the community, but also as an instructional facility. Classrooms are integrated into the building and even the stage itself serves as a teaching facility. The VPAC Building also features a 2,000 square-foot Euphrat Museum of Art accessible from the main lobby of the building. The VPAC has also obtained a LEED-silver certification for utilizing environmentally friendly and sustainable building methods.
De Anza College is one of two colleges that make up the Foothill-De Anza Community College District. The mission of De Anza College is to challenge students of every background to develop intellect, character and abilities to achieve their educational goals, and to serve their community in a diverse and changing world. To accomplish this mission, De Anza College provides a quality teaching and learning environment and sound educational programs and services, accessible and responsive to the needs and interest of the people of our community.
De Anza College celebrates the diversity of its student body and the communities from which they are drawn. One of the ways De Anza attempts to respond to the needs and interest of our community is by making our facilities available for use by various community groups and organizations
Directions and Parking
De Anza College is located at the intersection of highways 280 and 85 in Cupertino, for easy access from all directions in the San Francisco Bay Area. The VPAC Theater is a large orange building closest to the intersection of North Stelling Rd and Stevens Creek Blvd.
Parking permits are required 7 days a week from 7am-11pm, visitor $3 all-day parking is available in nearby parking lot A.
For more information, visit these webpages