Nurs 84L Medical-Surgical Nursing II: Care of the Older Adult Clinical
"We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." ~ Marcel Proust
- Mondays/Tuesdays, 6:30am - 2:30pm at both sites
- Locations: El Camino Hospital (Mountain View campus) and O'Connor Hospital (each student will do 6 weeks in each location). Each location has a mandatory orientation. Students must attend all orientation days in their entirety.
- 5 Units
- Lead Instructor email: email@example.com
- Lead Instructor phone - best contact number for both clinical instructors will be given in first week
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING AWARE OF AND KNOWING ALL PAGES AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE! Consult with Lead Instructor in a timely manner for any questions you may have.
Open invitation to all students!
Students are invited to attend and participate in all monthly department faculty meetings, and regularly scheduled department Curriculum and Policy committee meetings. We welcome your input and ideas! See instructor for more information.
Clinical Sites, orientation, and rotation information
CLICK HERE for Information for incoming Q4 students - includes mandatory pre-work directions, orientation info, important reminders! Read early - prior to Week 6 of Quarter 3!
- RE-read this document (above) prior to entering Q4. It contains instructions about your orientation
- You will need your 2nd year Quantiferon Gold TB test completed prior to Week 8 of Quarter 3. It must have been performed within 12 months of the END of Quarter 4!
- For more information about all required health documentation, click HERE
- You will need your 2nd year background check and drug test completed prior to Week 8 of Quarter 3. See Student Handbook for more information about this.
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View
- O'Connor Hospital, San Jose
- Required paperwork/training for OCH- complete and submit to Marge by noon on Thursday of Week 8 of THIRD QUARTER, following directions below and in the "Information for Incoming Q4 students" link above.
- Welcome letter- read carefully and complete ALL online health surveys (not just the flu one!). Print a screen shot of the completion page showing ALL surveys have been completed. The screen shot must include your name (i.e., printed from the screen; handwriting will not be accepted by OCH). You will need a hard copy of all immunizations/ Quantiferons and CPR to submit to instructor. Staple the screen shot page to the top of your copies and submit to Marge by noon on Thursday of Week 8 of your third Quarter.
- Please note: ALL vaccinations/titers/Quantiferon tests, etc. MUST include the letterhead or official name/address of the agency who performed it. You handwriting it on your page is NOT sufficient!
- Orientation packet - read all Parts, then complete post-test UNDER CONTSTRUCTION, stay tuned!
- Orientation post-test - complete and submit by Thursday of Week 8 of your third Quarter. Do NOT staple to health data.
- Security Badge request form - Do NOT turn in! Complete and bring to OCH orientation day
- Parking sticker request form - Do NOT turn in! Complete and bring to OCH orientation day
- Parking Map - information only
- Scavenger Hunt - OCH - bring to orientation with you
All items below will ALSO be on the Catalyst site. A student can use EITHER site to obtain templates, requirements, and/or tips for completing assignments. Examples of assignments, however, will only be on Catalyst, and in a binder in the Resource Room.
See Catalyst for examples of acceptable paperwork and Nurses Notes (may also be found in a binder in the Resource Room). A complete assignment must have all required components submitted on the due date. Due dates will be assigned by each clinical instructor within the first two weeks of the rotation.
Other important information