Nurs 84L Medical-Surgical Nursing II: Care of the Older Adult Clinical
"We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." ~ Marcel Proust
- Mondays/Tuesdays, 6:30 am - 6:00pm
- Locations: El Camino Hospital (Mountain View campus). This clinical has a mandatory orientation. Students must attend the orientation in it's entirety (may be more than one day)
- 5 Units
- Lead Instructor email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead Instructor phone - best contact number for both clinical instructors will be given in first week
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING AWARE OF AND KNOWING ALL PAGES AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE! Consult with Lead Instructor in a timely manner for any questions you may have.
Open invitation to all students!
Students are invited to attend and participate in all monthly department faculty meetings, and regularly scheduled department Curriculum and Policy committee meetings. We welcome your input and ideas! See instructor for more information.
Clinical Sites, orientation, and rotation information
CLICK HERE for Information for incoming Q4 students - includes mandatory pre-work directions, orientation info, important reminders! Read early - prior to Week 6 of Quarter 3!
- RE-read this document (above) prior to entering Q4. It contains instructions about your orientation
- You may need a 2nd year Quantiferon Gold TB test turned in prior to the Nursing Department deadline. It must have been performed within 12 months of the END of Quarter 4!
- Do NOT do a 2nd year background check and drug test at this time. Wait for further instructions from me or Judith
A complete assignment must have all required components submitted on the due date. Due dates will be assigned by each clinical instructor within the first two weeks of the rotation. Forms and examples may be found on Catalyst.
- Critical Thinking Worksheets (CTW's) - twice per quarter
- Handoff and Concept Map presentations (in postconference) - twice per quarter
- Medication and laboratory sheets - each day
- Electronic nursing documentation - each day
- Clinical Worksheets - each patient, each day
- Anecdotal Forms - submitted weekly to instructor; then attached to clinical evaluation tool at end of rotation
- A Critical Thinking Day may also be assigned (occurs during clinical hours)
- Group presentation & poster for a community agency - once per quarter
- Simulation and Skills Testing
Other important information