Meeting Notes - January 11, 2011
1) Approval of Notes October 26, 2010
Reviewed and approved notes from last meeting.
2) Committee Projects
Projects for this committee include:
a) Grants office -- probably need to form and give a charge to an ad-hoc committee
b) Measure C -- inform members and discuss the prioritization and distribution of Measure C funds. Focus specifically on the FF&E funds. Some divisions still have FF&E balances. Refresh dollars, other equipment dollars, and Measure C funding requests need to be reviewed to ensure dollars are still being spent on correct equipment.
c) B-budget allocation -- part of our charge is to examine processes and consider long-range institutional planning. Subsistence on sustained but delayed augmentation hinders planning and functions. No change in the process for years, despite talk of alternatives (e.g., zero-based budgeting). Need to align resources based on priorities as defined by SLOs and SSLOs in program reviews.
- this standard was the first to be submitted
- standard IV came in this morning
4) Faculty Hiring
- 16 open positions here at De Anza
- 503 is our current FON (almost precisely equivalent to our current FON of 504)
- 517 or 518 could be our new number
- we are going to be hiring, including 5 new growth positions
- members agreed to help communicate better--email, internet, portal, and face-to-face. Pippa will keep the websites updated. One-pager from this committee.
5) Modeling FHDA Budgets
- members examined abbreviated version of district budget planning spreadsheet
- this one-pager also included facts from Brown's budget and helpful websites.
- currently planning how to allocate its increased revenue -- last year $500k short
- this year anticipating such increased revenues that they may only fall $170k short
- encouraged voting on Pepsi Refresh program
- bike program is starting, then focusing on eco pass