Meeting Notes - January 24, 2012
1) Approval of Notes from Joint CBT & TTF November 22, 2011
The notes were approved.
2) State & District Budget Update
Jeanpierre opened by reviewing the key points of the State budget.
State 2011/12 Budget Summary
Other effects on budget:
$4.2B additional cuts to:
Much rides on tax proposal on the Nov. 6 ballot:
California Community Colleges
$218M deferred buy -backs
$264M base cut; workload reduction %
Both: Categorical consolidation $411.6M
FHDA Budget Scenario Summary 2012-13
Letha shared Bernata’s adjusted projections
Although De Anza’s enrollment was flat compared to the same time last year, Foothill’s enrollment was down approx. 7%. This means the Colleges will be chasing WSCH in Spring in the high demand areas. No dramatic enrollment fluctuations are anticipated in Fall 2012.
There are plans for the carryover funds but the use of these funds is constantly under close review.
There are some grant-funded positions being eliminated at the end of the FY 2011-12 year because the grants are expiring.
3) Measure C FF&E Status Update
All the requests have been uploaded to the web site http://www.deanza.edu/gov/campus_budget/FFERequests.html
1) Measure C FF&E review of requests for eligibility of Measure C funding sources (complete by end January).
2) Remaining requests will be prioritized by the PBTs. Prioritization should be complete by 2/10/12. Please click here to download the PBTs FF&E Evaluation Matrix.
3) Institutional review and prioritization will be performed by joint meetings of Campus Budget and Technology Task Force.
4) CBT & TTF will give recommendations to College Council on 3/8/12 or 3/22/12 depending on progress.
Chow suggested a review of the timeline maybe needed in order to give sufficient time for the review prioritization of the projects.
4) Quick News
Present: Bloom Gerard Hansen Jeanpierre Michaelis Mieso Patlan. Notes: Gibson
Contact: Pippa Gibson