Meeting Notes - November 10, 2013
De Anza College
IPBT Notes--DRAFT – October 10, 2013
Time: 4:00 PM 5:00 PM
Christina Espinosa-Pieb - Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Present:Administrative Reps: Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Norte, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Gerard, Martinez
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Argyriou, Bram, Bryant, Maynard
Absent: Trosper, Yeckley
Visitors: Stacey Cook (VP, SS), Blanche Monary, Mallory Newell (DA Researcher), Tim Shively (FA Rep)
Faculty Hiring Timeline:
A New Tentative Timeline:
· Retirement letters to be submitted from faculty to the dean – January 9, 2014
· Retirement letters submission in addition to job descriptions and a justification paragraph (why they need a position) deadline from the deans to Office of Instruction – January 10, 2014
· Espinosa-Pieb and Bryant will present the list of the positions to be voted on - January 14, 2014
· Voting sheets ready for IPBT committee - January 21, 2014
· No formal IPBT meeting – January 28, 2014
· Voting results sharing – February 4, 2014
To speed up the process, the IPBT proposed that divisions write job announcements and submit them along with the retirement letter and justification paragraph, as per second bullet above.
The IPBT requested an input from the Senate regarding writing these jobs announcements well before the submission deadline of January 10, 2014. Divisions should be aware that even though they are writing a job announcement this does not mean the position would be funded.
Trained EO reps must be part of the job announcement process and training workshops will be arranged this Fall to train additional EO reps.
Espinosa-Pieb requested that IPBT members go back to their constituency groups and request feedback to the proposed timeline and process.
College Equity Plan Reminder:
De Anza has to turn in College Equity Plan to the State Chancellor Office this year. They are due every two years. Veronica Neal will present the College Equity Plan at the next IPBT meeting on October 22, 2013.
It’s important for the IPBT and Instructional divisions to keep up to date with the work being done for this report.
Convocation Day – April 18, 2014
APRU due date from department chairs to the deans – Thursday, April 24, 2014 by 5:00 pm
APRU Due date for deans submission to Office of Instruction – Friday, May 2, 2014 Noon
APRUs will be posted on the IPBT website by May 6, 2014
Even though the budget has improved the IPBT committee has to assess and evaluate programs, decide FTEF allocation and program viability.