Meeting Notes - March 7, 2017 Draft
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
James Nguyen – Chair
Administrative Reps: Bryant, Espinosa-Pieb, Lee-Wheat, Kandula, Ranck, Ray
Classified Reps: Lorna Maynard, Martinez
Faculty Reps:Alves de Lima, Khanna, Leonard, Markus, Rick Maynard, Nguyen
Absent: Trosper, Coriena Andy, Arya Suprora
Visitors: Mallory Newell, Erik Woodbury
Notes Approval - The notes of February 14, February 21 & February 28, 2017 were approved.
Instructional Equipment Divisions' Request Review - (continue discussion)
The last two divisions’ requests, Learning Resources and PSME, were reviewed:
Learning Resources -
- Library – remove printers/copiers; (3) MacBook Pro are okay
- Student services – chairs – possible FF&E request, remove copier & printers
PSME – Ranck will follow up on the questions below:
- CHEM - The IPBT committee was informed that the dry ice maker was purchased. Should this be on the Instructional Equipment list?
- ENGR - Is this for a lab that is up for refresh via ETS since the current desktop computers are up to refresh?
- GEO - Is this a computer that is up for refresh by ETS?
- MATH - Are the laptops able to be funded by STEM funding?
- Physics – okay
AUTO Tech department volunteered to remove their $174,500 Instructional Equipment request off the list for 2016-2017. IPBT approved the removal and will consider funding AUTO request via Instructional Equipment account next 2017-2018. Espinosa-Pieb thanked Auto Tech for their williness to postpone their request until next allocation cycle.
Ranck shared deans’ response on from the last meeting review and will check on the following outstanding items:
- Forward FFE items to College Operations
- Check with ETS on areas requesting projectors
- IPBT decision on Kiln
- Consider funding J-STOR subscription with Lottery fund