Meeting Notes - May 26, 2015
Christina Espinosa-Pieb - Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Norte
Classified Reps: Martinez
Faculty Reps: Bram, Bryant, Rick Maynard, Pacheco
Absent: Alves de Lima, Nehal Desal, Gerard, Lee-Wheat, Muthyala-Kandula, Tomaneng, Trosper, Wendy Xiao
Visitors: Lisa Markus, Lorna Maynard
A criterion for Instructional Equipment dollar allocations was discussed. The committee agreed on the following standards:
2) Equity Goals
3) Equity Plan (to fix a gap)
4) Master Plan document
5) Previous Allocations (of Lottery, CTE Enhancement – who was qualified, who wasn't)
6) SLO’s/PLO’s work (should be tied to resource allocation)
7) Success Rates (for divisions/departments)
- Co-chairs will work on a draft chart to set up criteria for fund allocation that will be presented to the next IPBT meeting.
- The subcommittee (Tomaneng, Lee-Wheat, Bram, Alves de Lima) to make revision suggestions to program reviews that will be presented to IPBT for action at the next meeting.
- Espinosa-Pieb announced to the members that the District might give DAC funding for 3 classified/administrators positions. She will be asking the Instructional deans to work with departments/divisions to prioritize one or two potential staff/management positions.
- Espinosa-Pieb asked the members to consider opening more manager positions. It was noted that classified positions are less expensive than administrator positions. Espinosa-Pieb clarified that it may depend if we are given 3 positions or a dollar amount. She also stressed that it is essential to consider the positions that service the whole campus.
- The same faculty hiring process. (same calendar)
- The need for a college wide technology trainer position was emphasized. The President’s office is willing to fund a full time position to enhance campus technology using Apple money.