IPBT Meeting Notes - October 11, 2016
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
James Nguyen – Chair
Administrative Reps Bryant, Espinosa-Pieb, Lee-Wheat, Ranck, Ray
Classified Reps: Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Khanna, Leonard, Markus, Rick Maynard, Nguyen
Absent: Kandula, Martinez, Trosper
Visitors Lisa Ly, Mary Pape, Woodbury
Appointment of IPBT Teams -
The list of IPBT work teams was reviewed, confirmed and approved. Espinosa-Pieb shared the list with the committee via email.
Process for Lottery Enhancement -
The team reviewed the process for Lottery Enhancement and Instructional Equipment requests from last year and decided to implement the same process this year.
Below are 5 questions for the deans’ justification for Lottery Enhancement and Instructional Equipment requests.
- What will the money be used for? (i.e., software, videos, etc.)
- How many students will benefit from this purchase?
- How does this enhance your Equity Goals?
- How does this enhance your Student Learning Outcomes?
- Was this noted on your Program Review?
The team must use the following criteria for allocation -
- Program Reviews
- Program Data Sheet
- Enrollment Data
- Equity Goals
- Success Rate
- Measure C Requests (if it was listed on measure C before)
- Work with the deans (questions, clarifications, etc.)
- Communication between the groups
- Pay attention if some of the requests could be paid out of Enhancement funding, CTE
Process for Instructional Equipment –
The process will be same as Lottery Enhancement.
Accreditation Writing - Working Meeting Calendar
October 18, 2016 is a working meeting.
The meeting time will be used for Accreditation work and Office 365 training. Newell will answer your questions and assist with drafting the document.
Members were advised to bring laptops to start writing and entering information into the Office 365 system.
CTE Enhancement – Justification Due Date: Unknown at this time
October 25, 2016 - the team will work on developing the CTE Enhancement Fund allocation process.
Bryant will follow up with Margaret Bdzil on CTE financial status and ask her to bring a list of all CTE programs to the meeting.
IPBT Team – to do some research, what process was used previously for Enhancement fund allocation? Go on IPBT website and review prior funding.
Faculty Hiring –
As of today, there is no information from the district about the number of FTEF that the IPBT will be allocating.