Meeting Notes - October 17, 2017
Administrative Reps: Fayek, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Ranck, Ray
Classified Reps: Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Khanna, Leonard, Rick Maynard, Nguyen, Pape, Woodbury
Guests: Stacy Cook, Mary Kay Englen, Dawn Lee Tu, Lisa Markus, Rob Mieso
Approval of Notes – October 3rd and 10th were approved.
SSSP - SE - BSI Integrated Plan Presentation –
Ranck and Mieso presented a draft of the SSSP-Student Equity-BSI integrated goals and activities for 2017- 2019.
- The Integrated plan covers 2 years (2017-2019), but the budget plan only reflects the 2017-2018 allocation.
- Budget allocation details will be provided to IPBT for discussion and funding consideration.
- Annual Integrated fiscal report is required.
- The SSSP-Student-Equity integrated plan will be presented to SSSP/SE/BSI Advisory committee, faculty senate, classified senate, FCOPBT, SSPBT and College Council. Once approved by College Council it will go to the Board for approval.
- December 1, 2017 - Draft due to Communications.
- December 7, 2017 - Plan summation target date.
- December 15, 2017 - Plan due date. Submission deadline.
- Please email Ranck or Mieso with questions or for additional information.
Review of Funding Eligibility Grid -
Lee-Wheat and Nguyen presented two sets of guidelines. One set is for IPBT members, Deans and CTE chairs. The second is for Department Chairs and remaining departments/programs. These documents will help the requestors determine the correct funding source for requests. Divisions should submit documents to IPBT. Items should be ranked in priority order (top priority #1) at the top of the list. Submission deadline is October 31st, 2017 to IVP office.
IPBT suggested additional amendments:
- Ranck - to provide Student Equity fund guidelines.
- Add a footnote – for Instructional DVDs or streaming media requests.
* Please check Library Resources and make a request.
- Invite College Operations division to future meetings to give an update on their processes and projects.
- Add a column for “BSI”.
- An additional column was added, (50% SSLOAC/AUOAC SLOACs complete? If no, please attach explanation on separate sheet. Y/ See attachment), to the “IPBT, Equity, Perkins, SWF and BSI” list and also to the “IPBT, Lottery, Instructional Equipment” list.
- The IPBT discussed the possibility of hosting workshops to help department chairs develop these documents.
- IPBT tentatively set up next Tuesday from 4:00 to 5:00pm as a workshop date.