Meeting Notes - February 23, 2016
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek,Lee-Wheat , Norte
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Bryant, Markus, Rick Maynard, Pacheco
Absent: Muthyala-Kandula, Lorna Maynar, Martinez,Tomaneng, Trosper
Visitors: Lenore Desilets, Teri Gerard, Mary Pape, Mallory Newell
Approval of Notes -
Reflection Year Questions – (Continue discussion)
Program Level –
- The committee decided that it’s too late to add any reflection type of exercise to the 2014-2015 PR cycle but would plan for a year of reflection in 2022.
- For the next accreditation cycle the committee agreed to create a separate reflection document. The questions would be set upfront so the instructional programs would know what questions the committee will be asking them. This will allow them to prepare.
- The committee would work on the questions that would have bulleted goals, such as: equity, enrollment, assessment, SLO & etc.
- Recommendation to have a reflection activity at Convocation and/or at the Opening Day.
- Divisions/departments determine the format for their area PR submissions
- Reflection on how the department interacts with each other
Reflection on IPBT process -
- Look at the bigger picture – e.g. hiring process, etc. – do we like the process?
- Implement a campus survey – what does the IPBT do?
- Why aren’t more faculty joining the shared governance committees?
- Schedule a retreat day for IPBT to reflect on their processes and work – Espinosa-Pieb will look to schedule on a Friday in spring.
The team suggested that the deans address a few questions in their PR summary. Examples of questions are:
- What do you like and dislike or found helpful or found confusing about IPBT process?
- What about the process worked for you?
- What would you like to be changed?
- What have you learned about the process?
- Do you understand more about the process and why you need to put your requests for equipment, staff & etc. in program review?