Meeting Notes - March 15, 2016 DRAFT
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Lee-Wheat, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Martinez
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Markus, Rick Maynard, Pacheco
AbsentBryant, Kandula, Lorna Maynard, Norte, Trosper
Visitors Teri Gerard, Dawnis Guevara, Melissa Epps, Lisa Ly, Mary Pape
Approval of Notes –
The notes for March 8, 2016 were approved.
Accreditation Update –
Bram announced to the team that because of a heavy work load he is stepping down from the College Planning Committee as IPBT rep.
Espinosa-Pieb asked faculty members to volunteer as a replacement on the committee.
Accreditation Steering Committee meets:
- Once a month on Thursdays
- Time – 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Place - DA Baldwin Winery Conference Room
- Next meeting is on April 7th moved to Admin 109
Espinosa-Pieb gave a brief overview of Standard II A. self-study report and asked members to consider which areas they would work on.
The team reviewed and discussed the standards and the working process.
IPBT visitors are welcome to participate and be a part of any team.
March 22, 2016 - No IPBT meeting (finals week)
March 29, 2016 – No IPBT meeting (spring break)
April 5, 2016 – No IPBT meeting (first week of spring quarter)
Finalizing Instructional Equipment Prioritization List -
Espinosa-Pieb presented an updated Instructional Equipment Prioritization List. The members reviewed and approved the document with the following proposals.
- Instructional Equipment Prioritization List for programs is due with the APRU, but division prioritization lists won’t be due until Fall 2016
- “Total Cost” should be the last column
- Next to “Life Expectancy” add “New/Replacement” column
The updated form will be sent to the instructional deans to work on during spring quarter.
Lee-Wheat asked the committee if it is possible to request Instructional Equipment in spring quarter. The members considered the question and responded with the following comments.
- Is there still money available?
- Review what has already been allocated.
- Must be based on the previous APRUs.
- Gerard recommended the deans check the status of their orders to see if their POs are complete. If so, deans can ask for POs to be closed out which will return any unspent money.
- Espinosa-Pieb suggested inviting Gerard to a deans meeting to give the deans a status update on the instructional equipment balance.
Final Instructional Equipment Prioritization List - added, March 22, 2016