Meeting Notes - March 1, 2016
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek,Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Tomaneng,
Classified Reps: Martinez, Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Bryant, Markus, Rick Maynard, Pacheco
Absent: Norte, Trosper
Visitors: Teri Gerard, Mary Pape, Lisa Ly
Approval of Notes -
The notes for February 23, 2016 were approved.
Instructional Equipment Request Sample List - (sample worksheet)
The team reviewed and discussed the Instructional Equipment List sample form prepared by Coleen Lee-Wheat.
After a discussion, the members agreed to convert the form into a simple excel document. It should be one sheet with a few lines for the ongoing yearly requests and 2 to 3 lines for requests for projected big-ticket items. The team made the following suggestions for incorporation into the form:
- Remove “Justification” column – specify the source/location in APRU
- Add columns “Future Equipment Needs”, “When Needed”, “Estimated Cost ”
- Change the title to – “Instructional Equipment Request Justification Form”
- Clarify in the dollar column if each item is over $100
- Distinction between classrooms vs. facilities i.e. gym
- All requests (minor & major) have to be in the Program Review
- Anticipate & record life expectancy of major capital equipment items to ensure timely replacement
- Deans, department chairs, athletics director and coaches should work collaboratively to come up with a list of major capital equipment items to ensure timely replacement
Espinosa-Pieb and Lee-Wheat will work on updating the form and send it back to the committee for review.