Meeting Notes - March 8, 2016
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Norte, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Martinez, Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Bryant, Markus, Rick Maynard
AbsentFayek, Pacheco, Trosper
Visitors Teri Gerard, Melissa Epps, Mallory Newell, Mary Pape
Approval of Notes -
The notes for March 1, 2016 were approved.
Jason Bram is the IPBT rep on the College Planning Committee.
Bram gave a brief update from the College Planning committee meeting and reminded the team that the IPBT has been assigned the self-study report for II.A – INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAMS.
- Finish matrix and notes by the end of spring quarter 2016
- Compile the self-study report into one document in summer/fall quarter 2016
- Set up working groups. Include an experienced member of the committee in each group. Work with Mallory Newell – DAC Researcher
- Write a statement and have URL links to evidence
- If referring to the previous DAC accreditation report remember that the report has changed http://www.deanza.edu/accreditation/
- Napa College has a good example of the revised accreditation submission
- Use the exact language from the Standards matrix to answer the questions
- Ensure URL links will still work in 2017
- Contact Heidi King firstname.lastname@example.org for Office 365 training
- Members should be ready to do a sample document during the next meeting
Mallory Newell sent an email with the instructions, links and updates - The Accreditation Steering Committee requests that by March 31, 2016 the IPBT will have developed a timeline, determined how it will complete the assigned Standards, and assigned responsible parties for completing those Standards.
Newell set up an Office 365 folder that will be the only repository for all self-study drafts from all groups. It can be accessed at:
Users will see the folder in their "Shared with me" folder. Each group has their own folder. Please ensure that all your members can access the folder and know how to keep all drafts of their work within the folder. This is a cloud drive, so numerous individuals can work on the draft at once and all changes are reflected in the document.
Within the folder, there is a document called, Self Study Progress Template. The Accreditation Steering Committee requests that one member of the group provide a month-end update on the group’s progress. The document includes a monthly goal and deadline for each group. The document can be accessed at:
A reminder that a website specific to hosting accreditation updates can be accessed at: http://deanza.edu/accreditation/2017/index.html
Instructional Equipment Request Sample List
Espinosa-Pieb sent everyone an updated Instructional Equipment Request Sample list. She asked the team to review and give feedback. The team made the following suggestions for incorporation into the form:
- Change the title to – “Instructional Equipment Prioritization List”
- Under Notes add – “and must be included as part of your APRU section unless it’s an emergency repair request”
- “Large Ticket Items” valued at $100,000 or more
- Add a column to determine if the request is in section V.E.1 (equipment) or V.F.1 (facility) of the APRU
- Espinosa-Pieb confirmed that the deans should work within their division process to determine their priorities. Each department should fill out a form. Dollar amount of request is needed. Dean’s should meet with departments to prioritize the requests. The Dean submits the form to IPBT for prioritization as #1 being per division, not per department
- Clarify ‘current items’ (fifth column) – to note the current life expectancy of items
- The list will be finalized at the next IPBT meeting