College Planning Committee
On May 12, 2011 the College Council approved the formation of a College Planning Committee (CPC). The purpose of the committee is to systematically review all aspects of the planning cycle under the direction of the College Council.
Download the 2011-2017 Planning Quilt.
The College Planning Committee is charged with:
- Publish the annual planning calendar (specific dates) through coordination with the various planning and budget teams
- Assess institutional goals via an annual report
- Review and propose revisions to the mission statement and Educational Master Plan
- Evaluate the six-year planning cycle within the context of the Educational Master Plan review
- Evaluate governance and decision making structures and processes
- College Researcher (Chair)
- Member from the student learning outcomes team
- Classified member of the Student Services Planning and Budget Team
- Faculty member from the Instructional Planning and Budget Team
- Administrative member of the Finance and Educational Resources Planning and Budget Team
- Student representative from the De Anza Student Body Senate
- College President
6-Year Planning Cycle - Integrated Planning and Resource Allocation Model
The Planning Committee is charged with evaluating and updating the 6-year planning cycle. The documents below include the "planning quilt", and a detailed narrative of the process by year and by topic.
6-Year Detailed Planning Cycle -2011-2017
Integrated Planning Narrative - By Year
Integrated Planning Narrative - By Topic
Educational Master Plan
The Educational Master Plan 2010-1015 is one vehicle used by the college to share with the community its progress towards institutional goals and college wide planning and assessment. This year the college is highlighting its progress in the areas of:
- Key Student Characteristics
- Key Indicators of Access and Success
- Key Institutional Metrics
- Key Components of the Planning Cycle.
The Educational Master Plan is updated annually and presented to the shared governance groups for discussion. Annual Master Plan Updates
Annual Governance Assessment
As part of the 6-year planning cycle, all shared governance groups are asked to report on their accomplishments for the year and their goals moving forward. This information is captured annually in the Annual Governance Assessment Survey.
Annual Governance Assessment Survey, 2011-2012 (pdf file)
Annual Governance Assessment Survey, 2012-2013 (pdf file)
Annual Governance Assessment Survey, 2013-2014 (pdf file)
ACCJC Planning Agendas - Progress and Completion Template
In an effort to monitor and complete the colleges' planning agendas as outlined in the 2011-12 Self-Study report, the Planning Committee asks each body, responsible for completing a planning agenda, to report on their progress annually.
The Planning Committee works with the Planning and Budget Teams to draft a schedule that will guide planning each year.
May 27, 2011
June 23, 2011
July 28, 2011
October 19, 2011
December 02, 2011
February 02, 2012
March 01, 2012
April 19, 2012
June 21, 2012
November 15, 2012
September 27, 2012
February 21, 2013
April 18, 2013
June 20, 2013
October 3, 2013
January 30, 2014
February 13, 2014
February 27, 2014
May 1, 2014
October 16, 2014
Student Learning Outcomes
The college has committed to infusing the Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Cycle process into program review, resource allocation, and Institutional Assessment Planning (IAP). The Student Learning Outcomes process is a foundational element of the six-year planning process driven by a college wide culture of inquiry. This culture of inquiry reaches beyond SLOs to all aspects of the college planning process including student services and instruction. Additional information on institutional planning in relation to SLOs can be found at: Student Learning Outcomes - Institutional Planning.