Please follow the prompts below to submit a Petition for Exception to De Anza College Policies
Why are you seeking an exception?
This type of request doesn’t qualify for the petition process. Students are responsible for completing the add/drop/withdrawal process before the relevant deadline. For most classes, that means completing the process before the Monday of the third week of a quarter. Once that deadline has passed, an add, drop or withdrawal must be initiated by the instructor – with approval by a division dean and vice president. Please see How to Drop A Class.
This type of request doesn't qualify for the petition process. Under state regulations, only the instructor can change or remove a grade. There is a two-year limit for changes. Please contact your instructor.
This type of request doesn't qualify for the petition process.
Petitions for Exceptions can be made in one of the following categories:
Academic Policies – this could include requests to
- Take a class after your third attempt
- Replace a substandard grade at De Anza after taking an equivalent class at another college
- Repeat a class that you passed, due to a significant lapse of time
Registration Policies – this could include requests to
- Receive an excused withdrawal due to extenuating circumstances
- Appeal a decision on residency reclassification
- Other exception not listed here
What kind of petition would you like to make?