2018 Reaffirmation of Accreditation
De Anza College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, 415.506.0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
The ACCJC announced in June 2018 that it had reaffirmed De Anza's accreditation for the full seven-year cycle through 2024, with no deficiencies or recommendations, after considering the findings of an evaluation team that visited the campus on April 26 and the information in a follow-up report the college submitted in March. The ACCJC previously reaffirmed the college's accreditation for 18 months in January, after an earlier evaluation team report that listed five commendations, three compliance requirements and two recommendations for improving institutional effectiveness.
More Information and Reports
- For copies of annual reports to the ACCJC and other documents, please visit the Related Documents webpage.
- To learn about the self-evaluation process and the ACCJC evaluation team visit in October 2017, please visit the 2017 Evaluation Visit webpage.
- For information related to the 2011 self-study and the 2012 reaffirmation of De Anza's accreditation, along with subsequent reports, please visit the Accreditation 2012 page.
2017 Institutional Self-Evaluation
- Report in Support of Reaffirmation of Accreditation - 2017 (6 MB, 440 pages)
- Report from External Evaluation Team (Nov. 28, 2017)
- Letter from De Anza President to Accreditation Commission Regarding Distance Education Recommendation (Jan. 8, 2018)
- Letter from Commission Reaffirming Accreditation (Jan. 26, 2018)
For questions or comments
Please contact Mallory Newell, De Anza's Accreditation Liaison Officer, at 408.864.8777 or firstname.lastname@example.org