Meeting Notes - June 12, 2012
1) Approval Notes from May 22, 2012
2) Budget Updates
- Friday is constitutional deadline for State Budget submission.
- Jeanpierre passed out a district document reflecting the most recent budget figure update.
- Unresolved issues with redevelopment dollars. CCC is requesting backfill dollars.
- Tax measure in November
- $600m swings between if pass or fail.
- Workload reduction means our cap is reduced.
- FY 12_13: Best case net deficit 6/30/12 - $ 8,198,631
Worst case: $ 13,488,790
- $4.6m loss in enrollment.
- Chasing WSCH. 3 –years to make up enrollment to adjusted cap (after work local reduction).
- $4.1m estimated EFB on 6/30/12 for De Anza. It is expected some of these funds will be swept.
- Unfunded ongoing expenses are being indentified. Eg: tracdat, omni update.
- There are fewer discretionary funds in the future.
- SSPBT: very difficult decisions to make. Division will not be able to function adequately with this level of cuts.
- FER _PBT: a fund is self-support transferring budget.
- IPBT: Meeting today to finalize the process for their area will be working with SSPBT during summer on details.
3) Quick News:
Comments to students:
- Thanks to Wanda Lee for her contribution.
- Thanks to Margaret Michaelis for her contribution over the last years.
New Director Budget and Personnel: Bret Watson.
Present: Jeanpierre, Mieso, Lee, Kirkpatrick, Jenkins, Michaelis, Lee-Wheat. Notes: Gibson