General Meeting Information
Date: October 15,
Time: 4 - 5 p.m.
Location: ADM 106
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 4 - 4:05 p.m. Approval of Notes - October 8, 2019 A All 4:05 - 4:10 p.m. DASB Report I Liang 4:10 - 4:20 p.m. Program Review Timeline I/D/A Ranck/Pape 4:20 - 5 p.m. Form Review Timeline I/D/A Ranck/Pape
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Administrative Reps: Sam Bliss, Alicia Cortez, Moaty Fayek, Anita Muthyala-Kandula, Thomas Ray
Classified Reps: Thomas Bailey, Dana Kennedy, Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Diana Alves de Lima, Cheryl Balm, Rick Maynard, Mary Pape (co-chair)
Student Rep: Halina Liang, John Nguyen
Absent: Ed Ahrens, Rich Booher, Randy Bryant, Milena, Grozeva, Lorrie Ranck (co-chair)
Guests: Vins Chacko (ACE Rep), Cynthia Kaufman (FA Rep), Dawn Le Tu, Coleen Lee Wheat, Eric Mendoza, Mallory Newell, Erik Woodbury
Approval of Notes
Approval of Notes – October 8, 2019 notes were approved.
DASB senate approved the 2020-2021 budget goals for DASB funds on October 9, 2019. Mallory Newell presented the student climate survey which will be available to students in the winter quarter.
Program Review Timeline
APRU due date from Department to the Dean: Monday, February 3, 2020
APRU suggestions by Deans to Department Chairs: during week of February 3, 2020
APRU Dean's Statement and the Resource Request spreadsheets due to Office of
Instruction: Monday, February 10, 2020
First APRU review work meeting: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Discuss Process of Reviewing Programs
- Program Review timeline change – a notification must be sent to faculty by beginning of November.
- Resource Request list – add a column to Section of APRU Location of Justification.
- If item listed as “critical”- need to be defined in the justification.
- A request to departments to explain area’s enrollment, success, equity gap, fill rate data,
- Program Review questions (Equity section) – Alicia Cortez - to review and let Mary Pape know of any changes.
- Mary will send an email reminder to all to review the questions.
- Next step is working in groups to allocate funds for SWF/Perkins funds first.
- Next week's meeting IPBT will be working in groups to start allocating The outcome should be sent to M. Pape. Mary will be working on incorporating everything in the resource allocation workbook.
IPBT requested to have two meetings for the review, October 22 -29, 2019.