General Meeting Information
Date: December 6,
Time: 4:00 - 5:00
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 4:00 - 4:05 Welcome and Approval of Notes - November 29, 2022 I/D Espinosa-Pieb /Woodbury 4:05 - 4:15 ISER Report Update I/D Fayek/Pape/Mendoza/Woodbury 4:15 - 4:35
Groupwork: Groups finalize PR questions to div/depts and recommendations to PAC
Program Review Feedback (Moaty)
I/D Erik Woodbury 4:35 - 4:55 Discussion: What we've learned & what we might recommend to PAC D Dawn Lee 4:55 - 5:00 Wrap Up and Thanks D Espinosa-Pieb /Woodbury
A = Action D = Discussion I = Information
Thomas Bailey Vins Chacko Erik Woodbury, Co-Chair Patricia Carobus Ilan Glasman Salvador Guerrero Mark Landefeld Mary Pape Daniel Solomon APASA: Dawn Lee Khoa Nguyen BFSA: Melinda Hughes Pauline Wethington DALA: Eric Mendoza Felisa Vilaubi
IPBT Meeting – December 6, 2022
Co-chairs: Christina G. Espinosa-Pieb, Erik Woodbury
Administrative reps: Randy Bryant, Christina G. Espinosa-Pieb, Thomas Ray
Classified reps: Thomas Bailey, Vins Chacko
Faculty reps: Patricia Carobus, Mark Landefeld, Mary Pape, Danny Solomon, Erik Woodbury
Affinity Group Representatives:
Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators (BFSA):
The Asian Pacific American Staff Association (APASA): Erick Aragon
De Anza Latinx Association (DALA): Felisa Vilaubi
Guests: Merhdad Khosravi, Dawn Lee, Debbie Lee, Elvin Ramos, Kristin Skager, Daniel Smith
Absent: Sam Bliss, Alicia Cortez, Moaty Fayek, Ilan Glasman, Salvador Guerrero, Melinda Hughes, Eric Mendoza, Anita Muthyala-Kandula, Khoa Nguyen, Pauline Wethington
Erik and Christina welcomed everyone and provided an overview of today's agenda.
Approval of Notes - November 29, 2022 were approved.
ISER Report Update - Erik shared the link for the first draft of the ISER document for IPBT’s review.
The writing team will continue to work on the report and bring it to PAC for discussion. To gather feedback, comments, and updates, the link will be shared with the IPBT group via email, and is also found here: (Standard II.A Template.docx) https://foothilldeanza-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/20033656_fhda_edu/EeUKBDsMx4dNoWDzmtSCEKgBj0q5b_V_dKP15hjANCBAHA?e=hPctfZ
Groupwork: The small groups finalized their work on reviewing the Program Reviews questions to provide reflection to divisions/departments and recommendation to PAC.
Discussion: What we've learned & what we might recommend to PAC
Some recommendations were:
- Stay Focused on Educational Master plan. Be aware of both local and state requirements
- Consider using Precision as a tool for what will be the next PR template
- Every program does an annual, some do a 5-year comprehensive and rotate. PAC focus on the 5-year programs, so committee has capacity to deep dive and learn about the programs
- Single tool or multiple tools to meet the needs for review of the different areas
- Invest time in training so people understand the outcomes of their requests and why they may/may not be a priority that year
- Identify other funding sources, to understand if other arrangements can be made for requests for full-time positions
- Previous hire list, don't forget that, and please consider that list moving forward
- Different ways to represent disparity and impact? Create better metrics and tools for capturing the impact
Dawn documented the team's feedback on a Jam board and invited everyone to review it and add to it as needed. Members may add further thoughts or recommendation to the Jamboard here: https://jamboard.google.com/d/16u2fqjUTW9ZmytpmRYOl1LvAz9TRAeHAABwKsLA-KQg/edit?usp=sharing
Wrap Up and Thanks – In an appreciation message, the co-chairs thanked the committee for all its hard work and efforts over the years.