General Meeting Information
Date: January 16,
Time: 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Location: DA Library, El Milagro Rm LC237
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 1:30 p.m. Review Agenda & Notes I Mieso 1:35 p.m. Program Review I/D Mieso 1:40 p.m. Guided Pathways Update I Balducci 1:50 p.m. Student Retention Program I Balducci 2:00 p.m. Program & Committee Updates I/D All 2:30 p.m. Adjourn
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Attending Members: Balducci, Booye (co-chair), Galoyan, Glapion, Kirkpatrick, LeBleu-Burns, Mandy, Mieso (co-chair)
There were no amendments to the previous meeting notes or to the agenda.
Mieso wanted to remind everyone that the Program Review deadline is coming up on February 3rd. This year is an update from last year and the Word template can be found on the SSPBT Program Review webpage.
Guided Pathways Update
Balducci updated the committee on the most recent meeting for Guiding Pathways. This meeting covered the mapping portion and was very well attended by instruction and student services. Instructors and Counselors worked together to map various areas to streamline the classes and degrees to create the necessary “paths.” Laureen said that next time they meet for this activity she would like to invite more Counselors to assist with the process.
Student Retention Program
Balducci also updated the committee on the changes they have made to students who are on probation.
- The different probation levels have been revised and should be clearer to students.
- They will start working with students early before they are even placed on probation.
- The team will be taking a more hands-on approach and the revisions will be more supportive
of students versus punitive.
- Any student who is on the dismissal level will be first reviewed by the Appeal Review Committee.
- Currently the plan is being reviewed and interim measures are in place but the final
version should be implemented by the spring quarter.
The new program will be shared with all the embedded counselors on campus and will be presented in the Counseling In-Service meeting.
Program and Committee Updates
- Booye reported that there was a College Planning Committee retreat coming up on January
24th to discuss the SEA Program hosted by Mallory Newell.
- LeBleu-Burns reported that Health Services will be moving over to electronic medical
records. The software the campus uses for discipline and Title IX is also changing
vendors to Maxient and should be implemented by the end of winter quarter.
- DASB is in the middle of their budget discussions for next year and are really doing
their due diligence with the requests and how the funds will be utilized.
- DASB is in the middle of their budget discussions for next year and are really doing their due diligence with the requests and how the funds will be utilized.
- Glapion reported on Academic Senate and said they are working on a resolution to facilitate
the selection of diverse hiring committees.
- Mandy reported that Emergency Fund discussions are taking place and that they are
working on the details for the $2 student representative fee that is being requested
by the California Chancellor’s Office. Mandy also mentioned that the College Promise
program is going well.
- Kirkpatrick reported on Classified Senate and that they have created a Student Support
Fund that will buy gift cards and Dining Services vouchers for students in need. This
new account is funded by some of the donations given to the Classified Senate from
employees who contribute from their monthly paycheck with the Employee Voluntary Donation Form. They are still looking for areas to assist with distributing these items so please
contact Heidi King if interested.