Meeting Notes - March 16, 2011

Attending: Booye, Cole, Cook, Corrao, DASB, Glapion, Haynes, Hunter, LeBleu-Burns, Marquez, Mieso, Moberg, Moreno, Patlan, Poon

Reviewed Agenda and Notes

Cook requested that Budget be a standing item on the SSPBT Agenda. Review and Approval of notes from the March 2nd meeting postponed until the April 6th meeting.

Budget Discussion Criteria

Cook – SSPBT will review the list of criteria and decide the top three for Budget discussions at the next meeting. We will look at the amount of our share of reductions. (Review the numbers presented at the Town Halls). Handout – Budget Scenarios – Reviewed document explaining the amount of $676,00 in cuts, SS is being asked to come up.

Cook - Update on the state budget. Governor has given up on getting the tax extension on the June ballot; we are looking at 10 million dollars in reductions. Will review Scenario 1 at today's meeting and Scenario 2 at the next meeting.

Cook - Requested areas of duplication of service and where they exist:

-Licensing i.e. Career Services

-CEOs of other colleges asking the state for release from the 75/25 apportionment.

-Table of staffing/funding attached to programs.

-List of where funds are

Cook commented that everyone should review the Facilities Master Plan to 2020 and to look around campus to see who would benefit from or improve access by being closer together. i.e. DSPS, for future discussion. How accessible are the pathways for people with disabilities.

Program reviews – Haynes confirmed the need to reduce the criteria to three. Reviewed timeline develop by Corrao for PRs. Haynes to send out final document 3/17. PRs by May 4th then put into PDF and on the web site for team reading.

College Council wants proposals by May 26th. Reviewed draft PR update form from Instruction.

Haynes mentioned Convocation scheduled for April 15th, for people to work on PR, SLOs. Programs may be asked to provide additional information on review. He commented it will take a couple of weeks to complete the form.

Cook asked everyone to review PR criteria document and provide response to Haynes by 3/17.

Marquez – Governance Task Group – reviewed template developed for the college governance handbook, which is following up on the recommendation made by the Academic Senate three years ago and will update the ball chart. Template sent to governance groups listed on the ball chart to complete, by April 15, using Chabot model and De Anza’s from the 90s. The next meeting will be to complete the governance template.

ISP is holding a meeting today in Conf Rm A & B for students affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan. More information later.

DASB – Update on the March to March. 250 students from De Anza, 10,000 total. Students lobbied senators.

Campus Cupboard to help struggling students.

Bus pass, Eco, Keep the campus clean, compost bin. Plans to encourage instructors to add to curriculum re how to dispose of trash.

Hunter re Health Services will roll out designated smoking islands in time for spring quarter.

Back to Top