Chancellor Judy C. Miner sent the following message via email to Foothill-De Anza district employees.
Feb. 6, 2021
Since February 3, we have learned that two of our Foothill-De Anza colleagues have tested positive for COVID and three have been exposed while on campus. Because these individuals were in numerous sites throughout the district, we are taking the following precautions from February 7 through February 15:
- The warehouse will be closed.
- No mail will be picked up.
- Various rooms will have signage indicating that they are closed for cleaning.
- ETS will not provide in-person device support.
Functions that will occur:
- Previously approved instructional programs
- Hazardous materials inspection as required by federal law
- Foothill radio station as required by federal law
- Child Development Center
- Accounts payable
- Cleaning by an outside vendor
We do not anticipate needing to extend the above restrictions beyond February 15 but will notify you should that be the case.
Let me express my appreciation to those of you who have been on campus and followed the protocols for notifying the police department of your arrival, location, and departure. You have made it much more likely that we can conduct timely and thorough contact tracing. Your colleagues and their loved ones thank you.
If you were on campus without prior permission since February 1, please let Myisha Washington know at email@example.com. We care about your safety and that of others with whom you may have been in contact.
We are all anxious to resume in-person activities and we can get there if we continue to wear masks, socially distance, and wash our hands. Health officials are warning against celebrating the Super Bowl with those outside of your household, and I hope we all comply.
Stay safe and be well,