- 10 points for bringing 2 pages on Peer Response day,
- 15 points for addressing the audience, anaphora, and metaphor,
- 15 points for pathos, ethos, and logos,
- 20 points for a wide variety of evidence (statistics, quotations, specific examples, anecdotes),
- 20 points for grammar, punctuation, and spelling,
- 20 points for concession/ rebuttal and correct Work Cited for the King quote.
Your Synthetic Essay:
___/10 for bringing a draft on October 26.
___/ 30 for an interesting thesis well supported by examples and quotations.
___/ 20 for correctly quoting and paraphrasing.
___/ 5 for Works Cited list.
___/ 5 for style and originality.
___/10 for using vocabulary from reading and discussion.
___/20 for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Sample contract mostly copied from Barkley et al.
For the next
several class periods, I will be participating in a group to
I am committed to participating effectively in this group learning activity and will strive to do the following: [Students supply their own actions but here are examples from Barkley et al.]
- Come to class regularly and on time
- Come prepared and ready to share in my group
- Listen actively to what others have to contribute
- Be supportive of the efforts and initiatives of others
- __If I miss a class, I agree to ask a group member ahead to time to take notes for me. If it is an unintended absence, I will get the notes from a group member and make up any group work I missed.
- __If I am unable to prepare for a group assignment, I will make up for and do an additional proportional share of the work on the next assignment.
- __I I notice or if someone points out that I am not listening, I will stop what I am doing and immediately give my full attention to whomever is speaking.