Meeting Notes - April 14, 2015
Rowena Tomaneng – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Lee-Wheat, Norte, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Gerard, Martinez, Trosper
Faculty Reps: Bram, Bryant, Rick Maynard, Pacheco,
Student Reps: Nehal Desal
Absent: Alves de Lima, Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Kandula, Yeckley
Visitors: Markus, Lorna Maynard
Approval of Notes: The notes of March 17, 2015 were approved.
Program Review – Year of Reflection: Continue discussion/Rubrics Samples
Tomaneng summarized the two goals of the IPB Team:
1) Make decisions and finalize next year’s Program Review documents by the end of spring term.
2) Develop corresponding rubrics to access programs/departments so the IPBT can provide feedback or recommendations. The programs/departments will have access to the rubrics.
The committee could allocate resources from different funding streams e.g. CTE Enhancement, Lottery, Instructional Equipment, and Student Equity.
Group Work Comments:
- Developing one general, detailed rubric for programs/departments to utilize.
- The committee considers funding based on a rubric and Program Review.
- The creation of a standard guide sheet for the "rules and definitions" associated with each funding source i.e. lottery, instructional equipment, CTE, equity funds would be helpful. The IPBT would then decide which Funding Source to use.
- Developing one general detailed rubric could be advantageous as the Program Review document could be readjusted with prompts and questions that could guide writers to meet expectations for resource requests justifications. Thus making the Program Review data sheets and Department documents the sources for the IPBT to find supporting documentation.
- If the IPBT choose the funding source for a resource an overall balance of funding towards each program could be tracked which would alleviate tracking of allocations by individual budgeteer.
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment/data should also be a factor with in a rubric (which ever format is chosen)
- Developing specific rubrics could address specific requirements of each funding source.