Meeting Notes - November 17, 2015
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant - Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Lee-Wheat, Kandula, Norte, Tomaneng
Classified Reps: Martinez, Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bram, Bryant, Markus, Rick Maynard
Absent: Trosper, Pacheco
Visitors: Margaret Bdzil, Melissa Epps, Dawnis Guevara, Lisa Ly, Mary Pape
Approval of Notes: The notes of November 10, 2015 were approved.
Workforce Fund Discussion & Approval:
Bdzil presented an overview of the summary page from The CTE enhancement Fund contract so IPBT members can see how much funding programs have already received from the Round 1 CTE Enhancement Fund awards.
The next document presented was the summary of request for The Supplemental CTE Enhancement Fund Allocation of $43,073.
The following programs submitted requests totaling $47,496:
- Automotive Technology (AT) - $15,000
- Energy Management & Building Science (ES) - $9,920
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) - $11,521
- Nursing (RN) - $11,055
The total amount requested was more than the CTE enhancement fund balance. After careful review and discussion of each proposed request the committee mutually agreed to reduce the Automotive Technology (AT) request by $4,000. The $4,000 could be funded from the division’s regular ‘B’ account.
In the event that the other programs do not spend their allocated amount the balance of the funds would go to AT to backfill the $4,000.
Faculty Scoring Sheet:
The IPB Team was advised to use the links below to take them to the following documents for use in faculty ranking:
Hiring Data/Ranking (Scoring Sheet)
Program Review Data Sheet
- Don't do any resorting or reorganizing of the data sheet for ease of vote counting.
- For duel positions make sure to give the highest-ranking number to the number that is on the top (first position listed on scoring sheet)
- Must rank all 33 positions with #1 being the highest and #33 the lowest. The top 18 positions will be hired.
*Math positions that were given by the district and approved by IPBT last year, became vacant this year and have been put on Faculty Hiring list 2016-2017. (see notes, Jan. 13, 2015)
*Learning Communities & SSRS position (English and Reading) would report to Academic Services.
Instructions for Submitting Faculty Hiring Ranking:
1) Do a "Save As" for the Ranking Sheet and replace the document name as follows:
2) The voting results must be sent via email to VP of Instruction
3) Deadline for submission is - Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Final Outcome of Faculty Ranking will be posted on IPBT website.
Next week meeting, November 24, 2015:
1. Faculty Hiring Final Outcome
2. Review & Approval of proposed Comprehensive Program Review