Meeting Notes - November 19, 2013
Present: Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Lee-Wheat, Norte
Classified Reps: Gerard, Trosper
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Argyriou, Bram, Bryant, Maynard, Yeckley
Absent: Kandula, Martinez, Tomaneng
Visitors: Stacey Cook (VP, SS), Tim Shively (FA Rep)
Program Review Process:
Bryant gave an update on the CPR (Comprehensive Program Review) process.
- No APRU next year 2014-2015 (approved by College Council)
- Take next 2014 - 2015 as a reflection year. The data and all information will be compiled and used to in the next educational master plan update
Link to the planning cycle: Quilt_Chart_approved
In accordance with ACCJC requirements, the college has adopted an institutional standard for successful course completion at or above 60%
a. If course success rates fall below 60%, what are the department’s plans to bring course success rates up to this level?
b. Are success rates by ethnicity at or above 60%? If not, what are the department’s plans to bring the success rates of the ethnic group(s) up to this level?
c. What resources may you need to bring the success rates of the program or ethnic group(s) up to the institutional standard?
There was a discussion on if the questions should stay separate or should be reworded into one sentence. The members agreed that the questions should remain separated.
Bryant stated that these questions would be implemented into TracDat by the end of fall quarter so that department chairs can start working on APRU as soon as January.
Convocation Day – April 18, 2014
APRU due date from department chairs to the deans – Thursday, April 24, 2014 by 5:00 pm
APRU due date for deans submission to Office of Instruction – Friday, May 2, 2014 Noon
APRUs should be posted on the IPBT website by May 6, 2014
Good of the Order:
- Reminder that the Faculty Hiring Calendar guidelines are on the IPBT website: http://www.deanza.edu/gov/IPBT/facultyhiring.html
- Next meeting November 26, 2013 will be cancelled
- Last IPBT meeting for fall quarter will be on December 3, 2013