Meeting Notes - October 31, 2017
Administrative Reps: Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Ranck, Ray
Classified Reps: Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Khanna, Leonard, Rick Maynard, Nguyen, Pape, Woodbury
Guests: Randy Bryant, Mary Kay Englen, Dawn Lee Tu, Lisa Markus
Approval of Notes - October 24, 2017 - The notes were approved.
Continued Discussion of CTE Faculty Seat -
The team continued the discussion on the proposal to add CTE faculty seat to the committee.
Espinosa-Pieb pointed out on several aspects of the necessity:
- CTE ongoing funding has increased from the State
- CTE faculty liaison is essential for educational purposes i.e., to transcribe CTE rules and regulations; bring updates/news and changes to the meetings
- IPBT would benefit from having a faculty with CTE background and CTE focused
- CTE rep cannot serve as non-voting member (PAA issue under “Special Service” – the service must be to the campus or district only)
There was much discussion pertaining to the addition.
The majority of the team voted in favor of increasing the size of faculty representation from 5 to 6, which one (1) being a CTE representative.
Nguyen will take this to the Academic Senate for discussion and recommendation for IPBT.
And then the IPBT's proposal with the Academic Senate recommendation will be taken to College Counsel for approval.
Additional items to follow up –
- Lorna Maynard will follow up on a classified rep with Classified Senate
- IPBT will need to add one more instructional dean to the membership
- The Governance Handbook needs to be updated
Current Budget Situation & Faculty Hires –
Espinosa-Pieb gave some updates on current budget situation. She notified the team about the possible cuts and reduction to the instruction area.
Ranck gave a brief update on what have been requested from Student Equity Initiative. She will bring more information to future meetings. (Tentatively for the November 14th meeting)
Review of Submitted Equipment/Supplies Requests – postponed to the next meeting.