Welcome to SSRS
The mission of Student Success and Retention Services (SSRS) is to address historical and institutional inequities resulting in achievement gaps for underserved students by fostering a community of learners and leaders through innovative services and pedagogies that increase retention, persistence, graduation, and transfer rates.
SSRS provides academic enrichment and support services for
- students with historically low retention and transfer rates
- first-generation college students
There are several programs under the SSRS umbrella including the African American/African Ancestry Program, First Year Experience (FYE), IMPACT AAPI, Puente and Summer Bridge. Each of these programs provides a supportive community of peer mentors, tutors, faculty, counselors, and program staff to assist students in defining their educational goal and developing a plan of action to achieve them.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible for the Student Success & Retention Services (SSRS) programs if you meet the following requirements
- You're a high school graduate or at least 18 years old
- You're a first-generation college student, meaning your parents did not earn a college degree
Our individual programs may have additional selection criteria. Please view the program links on the margins of this page.
What are the Benefits?
- Personal counseling
- Academic mentoring and coaching
- Opportunities to join study groups
- Leadership development
- Student computer center
- Campus tours of four-year schools
- Academic enrichment workshops
- Scholarship and financial aid information
- Book and calculator loans
How To Apply:
All SSRS programs begin in the summer session (Summer Bridge- COUN 50).
We will be accepting applications in April.
If you are interested in joining any of our SSRS programs, please complete the following steps:
- Apply to De Anza College
- Make sure the Assessment Office has your high school transcript, in order to determine your English placement.
- Complete the SSRS online interest form.
- Attend orientation for the college or a specific program in July.
- Attend Summer Bridge in late August into September.
Support for SSRS Programs
You may contribute to the SSRS fund online, through the
Foothill-De Anza Foundation. These funds allow our students access to educational field trips, college/university visits, conferences, workshops, and other activities that contribute to their college success.
Thank you for your continued support!