Nonresident Tuition for 2023-2024
We want to let you know that the Foothill-De Anza Community College District Board of Trustees recently approved a tuition increase for all nonresident students for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year.
Tuition will increase from $221 per credit unit to $239 per unit. The enrollment fee will continue to be $31 per unit.
The total cost per unit for the 2023-2024 academic year will be $270. (This doesn't include campus-specific basic fees, paid by all students, which are not based on the number of units taken.)
Many factors are taken into consideration when calculating tuition and fees. Please note:
- The district is legally required to follow California’s Education Code Section 76140, which relates to setting nonresident tuition rates. The legal requirements include setting a minimum nonresident tuition rate.
- The district’s nonresident tuition rate is consistently at the statewide average for community colleges and far lower than public and private universities.
- Nonresident tuition at the statewide average is below the district’s total cost of education per student.
- The enrollment fee of $31 per unit will not increase in 2023-2024.
- The tuition increase will take effect beginning with the 2023 summer session.
De Anza College and the Foothill-De Anza Community College District remain committed to your success. All students will continue to receive a high quality, affordable education from one of the top community colleges in California.
Please know that you are an essential part of our community, and we are proud that you chose to study at our college.