The Women, Gender and Sexuality Center
(formerly the Jean Miller Resource Room)
Welcome! We're a place for activities, support and advocacy for a radically inclusive environment – where students, faculty members and classified professionals are free to self-determine their gender and sexual identities, without harassment, discrimination or violence.
About Our New Name
We have a new name to reflect our commitment to providing expanded services and resources, while we continue to honor Jean Miller with a new scholarship program!
Queer and Now Conference: Watch the Video!
If you missed our May 27 Queer and Now conference, "At Home In the Intersections," you can still watch the video recording of this online event.
This year's keynote speaker was adrienne maree brown, a writer, advocate and cohost of the podcasts "Octavia's Parables," "Emergent Strategy" and "How to Survive the End of the World. (Photo credit: Anjali Pinto)
Queer and Now is an annual conference at De Anza that focuses on the larger and local LGBTQ+ community, along with student success, equity, intersectionality and social justice concerns.
Student Support Groups
- Please check back here for information about meetings this fall.
"Women," "Womyn," "Womxn" or ?
We've been thinking more about the use of these terms, and we've decided to use the spelling "women" going forward. For an explanation and some background, please read our statement on this decision.
Stay in Community With Us
- Billy DeFrank LGBTQ Community Center
- Outlet - Adolescent Counseling Services
- Gender Identity Awareness Network
Desi LGBTQ Helpline: 1.908.367.3374
- Community United Against Violence
- Santa Clara County Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Affairs
- LGBTQ Youth Space
Family and Children Services of Silicon Valley
- Transfamily Support Group of Santa Clara County
- The Trevor Project
24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1.866.488.7386
- Suicide & Crisis Hotline: 1.855.278.4204
- PFLAG: Parents, Families, Friends, LGBTQ people and Allies United for Equality
- Santa Clara County District Attorney:
Hate Crimes Team and Victim Services Unit
You'll find more sources of help and information on this LGBTQI+ Resources and More webpage.
Harassment and Discrimination Policy
Please see the following policy documents for the Foothill-De Anza Community College District