Rental Policies & Procedure for Facility Rentals
Below are the policies and procedures for renting lecture rooms, halls, or outdoor facilities on the De Anza College Campus.
How Do I Rent a Lecture Room or Other Space?
- Review all rental policies below.
- Contact the Rental Coordinator at email@example.com or (408) 864-8333 to discuss open dates and pricing.
- Review and fill out a Facilities Rental Application and await confirmation.
- A Certificate of Liability will be required for any rental for insurance purposes (Outside Rental Only).
- A 501(c)3 Form will be required to qualify as a Non-Profit Group (Outside Rental Only), restrictions apply.
The following direct costs will be assessed to all outside organizations or groups using facilities at De Anza.
- Each room or location has a specified hourly fee associated, see Hourly Rental Fee Schedule.
- A $50 non-refundable facility application-processing fee.
- A $296 Maintenance fee, subject to all weekend rentals while a lower rate may apply to weekday rentals depending on the event. Speak with Rental Coordinator for exceptions. Please note the Dining Hall has additional custodial charges.
- A 25% Deposit of the final rental fee may be required depending on the event, please check with Facility Rental Coordinator.
Facility Rental Application, Procedure, and Policy
A request for the use of college facilities should be filed at least one month in advance of the proposed event. They should be made by completing a Facilities Rental Application at the Facilities Rental website.
Community groups and organizations can schedule events no more than one quarter in advance of the proposed event once schedules are published. No events can be scheduled during final exam weeks.
De Anza College reserves the right to cancel any event scheduled by a community group or organization if the scheduled facility is needed for a college program. If it is necessary to cancel an event the college will make every effort to notify the sponsoring group of the cancellation at least one week in advance or the scheduled activity.
De Anza College Student Clubs and Organizations
Student organizations that have been approved by the governing board of the District may be granted the use of community college premises and properties without charge, subject to regulations established by the governing board of the District.
• Direct fees for custodial, maintenance and security are only charged on weekends, holidays and when extra hours would be required.
Private Group or Outside Rental
The governing board may charge an amount not to exceed its direct costs or not to exceed fair rental value of college facilities and grounds under its control for activities other than those specified above.
Organizations (excluding churches and religious groups), clubs, associations and other public agencies organized for general character building or welfare purposes. These groups must provide documentation of legal non-profit status (501(c)3 form) filed with the Internal Revenue Service, otherwise the private rate applies.
Non-profit organizations having fundraising entertainment or meetings where admission fees are charged or contributions solicited must be for the benefit of the students of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District. Otherwise the private fee schedule applies to their rental contract.
All outside groups and organizations must provide the college with a Certificate of Insurance with a separate additional insured endorsement for $1 million dollars listing Foothill-DeAnza Community College District as additionally insured. Vendors and caterers must provide evidence of general liability. Evidence of workers compensation insurance must be additionally provided if there are paid employees on site. Food trucks must provide evidence of general liability and auto liability.
The policy must be on file no later than one week prior to the event start date The certificate holder is :Foothill - De Anza Community College District 12345 El Monte Road Los Altos Hills, Ca 94022.
On a separate piece of paper, with the heading "Additional Insured", the certificate must contain the following additional insured statement worded in its entirety and exactly as follows:" Foothill - De Anza Community College District, its board of trustees, and the individual members thereof,all District officers and servants are named as additional insured."
- Evidence of workers compensation insurance must be additionally provided if there are paid employees on site.
- SAM (Sexual Abuse and Molestation) coverage is required if any of the participants are under the age of 18. When speaking to the insurers, the coverage may not be identified as SAM directly, it may be under sexual abuse or something similar.
Deposit, Application Fee, & Billing
- An application fee of $50 and will be required at the time the application is approved.
- A 25% deposit of the final rental fee may be required depending on the event, please check with the Rental Coordinator.
- Completion of the application online does not constitute an agreement.
- Invoices are issued one month prior to the first event date and are due no later than two weeks prior to this date.
In accordance with Educational Code 82542, all fees are due and payable prior to the event. Final payment is due two weeks prior to the start date of the scheduled event or the event is subject to cancellation.
All payments must be remitted to the De Anza College Cashier's Office of paid online via a payment link provided by the Rental Coordinator. Payments can be paid by either credit card or check. A payment link for the deposit will be sent to the client after the contract is submitted if deposit is required. Payments can be made by check as well, the Rental Coordinator will provide a deposit slip to accompany payment to be submitted to the Cashier's Office.
If it necessary to cancel an activity/event the Campus Facilities Rental Coordinator must be notified no less than one month prior to the scheduled event. If the one month minimum notification is received and acknowledged by the Facilities Rental Coordinator all monies except the $50 facility application-processing fee will be refunded. A loss of 25% of the final rental fee may not be refunded for events canceled less than one month of the event. Refunds will not be given to groups or organizations that fail to show for scheduled event. Please note that client may be subject to cost of labor if less than two weeks notice is provided and staff are already scheduled.
Parking fees are NOT included in rental fees. Parking permits cost $3 Per Vehicle for an all day pass. Permits can be obtained at several kiosks located throughout the parking lots. To obtain parking permits ahead of time or rent sections of the parking lots, please contact the Foothill De Anza Police Department.