General Meeting Information
Date: November 17,
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
Location: ADM 106
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader Outcome 10:30 - 10:35 a.m. Approve Meeting Notes - October 13, 2017 A Cheu Approve notes 10:35 - 10:55 a.m. SSSP/Student Equity/BSI Integrated Planning I/D/A Ranck/Mieso Review and approve 10:55 - 11:25 a.m. Custodial Presentation I/D/A DaSilva Custodial review 11:25 - 11:55 a.m. Budget Discussion D Cheu/All Budget discussion 11:55 - 12:00 p.m. December Meeting/ Quick News
All Information sharing
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Present: Cheu, Cooke, DaSilva, Fu, Grey, Gore, Le (DASB), Ranck, Smith, Tjandrawinata (DASB) Notes: Gore
Approve Meeting Notes from October 13, 2017
The group reviewed and approved the notes from the October 13, 2017 meeting.
SSSP/Student Equity/BSI Integrated Planning Presentation
Lorrie Ranck, AVP Instruction presented the SSSP/Student Equity/BSI (Basic Skills Initiative) integrated plan. The California State Chancellor’s office has asked all three to be combined. The State wants 5 goals. Ranck reviewed the goals.
- Improve transfer and graduation rates for disproportionately impacted students.
- Close the achievement gap for students in developmental (basic skills) courses and other identified student populations.
- Identify and updated campus services, policies, procedures toward reducing barriers and increasing overall student success.
- Staff development – Engage faculty and staff in professional development activities focused on improving student success and closing the achievement gap.
- High school readiness – Build on and broaden existing relationships in high schools and within the community to improve readiness.
One of the student representatives indicated as a De Anza student, she would like to go back to her high school to promote De Anza and asked what avenues to take in order to do that.
Ranck shared that outreach is part of a student ambassador's role.
De Anza Custodial Presentation
DaSilva presented an updated program review in the custodial department. Prior to 2008 the custodial department employed 25 custodians. The department now has 19 day, swing and evening staff to cover 32,000 sf. DaSilva shared it will be difficult to maintain the level of cleanliness with any reduction in staff. DaSilva discussed the APPA standards of cleanliness:
- Level 1- Ordinary Spotlessness
- Level 2 – Ordinary Tidiness
- Level 3 – Causal Inattention
- Level 4 – Moderate Dinginess
- Level 5 – Unkempt Neglect
According to DaSilva De Anza is currently operating between levels 4 and 5 which are considered moderate dinginess to unkempt neglect. Reductions in personnel vs. total square foot coverage will surely lead to De Anza permanently falling into a level 5 standard of unkempt neglect.
Cheu shared the budget reduction timeline including any positions to be eliminated would need to be identified by June 30, 2018 and implemented by June 30, 2019.
December Meeting/Quick News
FCOPBT meeting on December 8, 2017 will be co-chaired by Pam Grey, AVP College Operations. Joe Cooke, Supervisor, De Anza Grounds and Martin Varela, Director, Budget and Personnel will present their areas.