General Meeting Information
Date: October 3,
Time: 4 - 5 p.m.
Location: ADM 109
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 4 - 4:15 p.m. Welcome and Introduce New Members I
4:15 - 4:30 p.m. Establish Teams I/D
4:30 - 4:45 p.m.
Re-Cap of the Program reviews
4:45 - 5 p.m.
Preview of Process/Funding
- Soures for the Quarter & Academic Year
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Classified Reps Faculty Reps Student Reps Visitors
- Christina Espinosa-Pieb, Co-Chair
- Coleen Lee-Wheat
- Anita Muthyala-Kandula
- Lorrie Ranck
- Thomas Ray
- Lorna Maybard
- Matt Trosper
- Anu Khanna
- Amy Leonard
- Rick Maynard
- James Nguyen, Co-Chair
- Mary Pape
- Erik Woodbury
- Randy Bryant
- Karen Chow
- Lisa Markus
Meeting Notes October 3, 2017
James Nguyen – ChairEspinosa-Pieb - Chair
Administrative Reps: Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Ranck, Ray
Classified Reps: none
Faculty Reps: Khanna, Leonard, Rick Maynard, Nguyen, Pape, Woodbury
Guest: Randy Bryant, Karen Chow, Lisa Markus
Welcome and Introduction
The members were greeted and welcomed to the new 2017-2018 Academic Year.
Rick Maynard - to confirm classified reps.
Per a request, Nguyen clarified the purpose of Enrollment Advisory Management team meeting.
- It’s a sub-group of IPBT;
- Focused on the Enrollment Management concern: e.g. monitor student enrollment; analyze course offerings, marketing and recruitment efforts to maximize access for students.
- A task group, a subset of EAT (Enrollment Advisory Management), has been formed to study the intricacies of block scheduling and other alternative scheduling formats.
- Nguyen plans to include “Enrollment Management” on future IPBT agendas.
A question arose regarding a FTEF transfers to another discipline, and what happens to their former position and load.
Espinosa-Pieb confirmed that the faculty would carry over their FTEF with them. (i.e., Equity Director position).
Another example was given, the English department has approved a request for 50% of a faculty FTEF to IIS division. Language Arts division dean, English department chair and the faculty requestor have signed a written document stating that this is what the department has agreed to (meaning, that English department will lose 50% of FTEF). This faculty member will now be considered a full-time employee in IIS division.
The teams were reviewed and assigned to particular divisions.
The team re-capped of the Program Reviews process and Preview of Processes/Funding - Sources for the Quarter & Academic Year.
The goal for the fall quarter is to approve funding for Equity, Lottery, Instructional Equipment, Strong Workforce (Regional and Local), and Perkins (if available) funding requests. In addition, the team will determine the Faculty Hiring for 2018-2019.
- The IPBT team was advised to examine the Program Reviews docs.
- All department chairs should work on updating Program Review funding requests.
- The deans should start working on the allocation process. Due to VPI office – October 31, 2017.
- The deans have to spend more time with their faculty to make sure that all requests are requested under the appropriate category.
- Lee-Wheat has created a guiding sheet to help the faculty to determine the right source of funding.
- Funding request form will be found on the IPBT website as soon as available.
- The determination of faculty hires for 2018-19 will be based upon the number of retired/resigned.
Espinosa-Pieb and Nguyen will work this week and come up with a plan and clear instructions by the next week meeting, October 10th, 2017.
An additional dates for IPBT meeting -
December 1, 2017 – 9:00 am to 11:00 am (to start making decisions)
December 1, 2017 - 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
December 5, 2017 - 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (last meeting)