General Meeting Information
Date: November 22,
Time: 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 4:00 - 4:20
Approval of Notes - November 15, 2022
Overview of Meeting
D/A Espinosa-Pieb /Woodbury 4:20 - 4:50 Review of Program Reviews by
I/D All 4:50 - 5:00 Feedback, Thought, Ideas from Workgroups I/D Espinosa-Pieb /Woodbury
A = Action D = Discussion I = Information
Thomas Bailey Vins Chacko Erik Woodbury, Co-Chair Patricia Carobus Ilan Glasman Salvador Guerrero Mark Landefeld Mary Pape Daniel Solomon APASA: Dawn Lee Khoa Nguyen BFSA: Melinda Hughes Pauline Wethington DALA: Eric Mendoza Felisa Vilaubi
IPBT Meeting - November 22, 2022
Co-chairs: Christina G. Espinosa-Pieb, Erik Woodbury
Administrative reps: Sam Bliss, Christina G. Espinosa-Pieb, Moaty Fayek, Anita Muthyala-Kandula, Thomas Ray
Classified reps: Thomas Bailey, Vins Chacko
Faculty reps: Ilan Glasman, Salvador Guerrero, Mark Landefeld, Mary Pape, Danny Solomon, Erik Woodbury
Affinity Group Representatives:
Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators (BFSA): Melinda Hughes, Pauline Wethington
The Asian Pacific American Staff Association (APASA): Khoa Nguyen
De Anza Latinx Association (DALA): Eric Mendoza, Felisa Vilaubi
Guests: Merhdad Khosravi, Debbie Lee, Mallory Newell, Kristin Skager, Daniel Smith
Absent: Randy Bryant, Alicia Cortez, Patricia Carobus, Dawn Lee
Approval of Notes - November 15, 2022 were approved with a few corrections.
Overview of Meeting – The agenda for today's meeting was briefly introduced by Erik Woodbury.
- IPBT’s current situation and its future plans
- Break into groups and work on Program Reviews reflecting on the criteria the team are using for the session
- Touch base with what is working and identify what needs to be improved
- Last two meetings, IPBT will be summarizing and approving the information it wants to convey to a newly established committee - PAC
- Next week, will have a presentation on the first draft of ISER from the writing leads (Moaty Fayek, Mary Pape and Eric Mendoza).
Christina reminded the committee that all program review files are available on these IPBT websites - https://www.deanza.edu/gov/ipbt/facultyhiring.html
Program Review Work Session: The small groups began reviewing the Program Reviews. Erik and Christina let everyone know that they would be available in the zoom lobby just in case any group members had questions. During last week's meeting, a question was raised regarding area experts to assist groups with question and Christina said she would check-in with the deans about this idea. The division deans noted that it would be very difficult to find a single person who would be knowledgeable about every department within a division and pointed out that the best people to answer questions about the whole division would be themselves. The deans were happy to assist with this but requested that questions be written out by the groups instead of possibly providing someone who would not be able to answer questions outside of their own departments.
As a suggestion, Christina asked groups to write questions as they reviewed the programs’ requests.
Feedback, Thought, Ideas from Workgroups:
- Suggestion to use feedback from last year’s form and from a new form created by Moaty for his own workgroup. Both documents were shared with the committee.
- Suggestion to standardize the document from last year and give consistent feedback to the departments.
- Acknowledgement that there is a lot of information attempting to be absorbed in the last two meetings.
- Suggestion to share IPTB's expertise, resources and workgroup findings with PAC.