College Planning Committee
In 2011 the College Council approved the formation of a College Planning Committee (CPC). The purpose of the committee is to systematically review all aspects of the planning cycle under the direction of the College Council.
Charge of the Committee
- Serve as Accreditation Steering Committee when appropriate in the planning cycle.
- Assess institutional goals via an annual report
- Review and propose revisions to the mission statement and Educational Master Plan
- Evaluate the seven-year planning cycle within the context of the Educational Master Plan review
- Evaluate governance and decision making structures and processes
- College Researcher (Chair)
- Member from the student learning outcomes team
- Classified member of the Student Services Planning and Budget Team
- Faculty member from the Instructional Planning and Budget Team
- Vice President, Administrative Services
- Vice President, Instruction
- Vice President, Student Services
- Associate Vice President, Communications and External Relations
- Classified Senate executive member
- Academic Senate executive member
- Student representative from the De Anza Student Body Senate
- College President
Assessment of Shared Governance
Each shared governance group is asked to annually reflect on their processes through three targeted questions each spring. The results of the reflections are published in the annual Educational Master Plan Update and inform the college's planning processes.
Assessment of Institutional Metrics
Each fall the College Planning Committee reviews and assesses the Institutional Metrics within the Educational Master Plan Update and shares the update with College Council.