Food Pantry and CalFresh at De Anza!
Are you having difficulty paying for food? Check out the Food Pantry and these additional programs on our campus.
The De Anza Food Pantry is temporarily closed, as part of a campuswide effort to reduce the risk of coronavirus. You may be able to find food assistance through the following programs. Please contact them to find out their eligibility requirements.
- Cupertino: West Valley Community Services, 10104 Vista Drive, phone: 408.255.8033
- Gilroy: St. Joseph’s Family Center, 7950 Church St. Suite A, phone: 408.842.6662
- Mountain View: Community Services Agency, 3204 Stierlin Rd., phone: 650.968.0836
- Palo Alto: LifeMoves Bredt Family and Children’s Center, 33 Encina Ave., phone: 650.853.8672
- San Jose:
- Sunnyvale: Sunnyvale Community Services, 725 Kifer Rd., phone: 408.738.4321
Mobile Food Pantry
A mobile pantry from West Valley Community Services will continue to visit Parking Lot C on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, from 12:30-3:30 p.m.
You'll need to bring your student ID and meet the income guidelines for the state Emergency Food Assistance Program.
For more information, contact the Outreach Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.864.5730.
Help Support the Food Pantry
Food insecurity among college students is a serious issue. A recent survey of De Anza students found nearly four out of ten experienced food insecurity. In the 2018-19 academic year the De Anza Food Pantry was accessed by 419 unduplicated students a total of 2,245 times. Please consider supporting student achievement through access to food. Visit the Foothill-De Anza Foundation's Quick Donate webpage and designate your gift for the De Anza Food Pantry.
If you need food assistance, the Mobile Food Pantry truck will be in Parking Lot C on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Look for it near the student drop-off area.
You can find fresh produce, meat, dairy products, dry goods and canned items in the mobile pantry, courtesy of West Valley Community Services and De Anza College.
The Mobile Farmers' Market service has been temporarily discontinued. Please see the list of organizations at the top of this page for other sources of food assistance.
Find out if you're eligible for CalFresh!
- Monthly cash assistance for purchasing food
- Provided via EBT debit card (looks like any other debit card)
- Use it to buy groceries and fresh produce at participating stores and farmers' markets
To find out if you qualify, get help with your application, or extend your eligibility ...
- Visit the Second Harvest website to apply or contact Second Harvest