Major British Writers (Neo-Classical and Romantic)
This course explores readings and critical responses to representative works by major writers such as Pope, Behn, Swift, Johnson, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Percy and Mary Godwin Shelley, Keats, Austen, Montagu, and the Bronte sisters.
|10:30 AM-12:20 PM
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2023-01-09 to 2023-03-31.
Class Syllabus: Download Syllabus
ELIT-046B.01Y: HYBRID, meets on-campus and online. This class meets each week on campus and online as noted in the class listing. Students must have access to a computer, the internet and an individual email address. Most De Anza classes will use the Canvas course management system. We recommend a laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete the course; a tablet or phone may not be adequate for all assignments and tests. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382. The Student Online Resources hub with extensive information and tips can be found at deanza.edu/online-ed/students/remotelearning .
- 4 Units
- Weekly Lecture Hours: 4
- Weekly Lab Hours: 0
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
General Course Statement
- General Statement
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
Requisite and Advisory
- Eligibility for college-level composition (EWRT D001A or EWRT D01AH or ESL D005.) as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.
Limitations on Enrollment and Entrance Skills
- Limitations on Enrollment
- Not open to students with credit in the Honors Program related course.
- Entrance Skills
- Eligibility for college-level composition as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.