Principles of Microeconomics
An introductory course focusing on choices of individual economic decision-makers. Examines fundamental microeconomic issues; the allocation of resources and the production function, pricing of output and factors of production; the distribution of wealth and income; consumer motivations and behavior; the nature and behavior of business firms and markets under various degrees of competition and market failure.
|06:30 PM-08:20 PM
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2022-09-26 to 2022-12-16.
ECON-002.-04Y-: HYBRID, meets on-campus and online. This class meets each week on-campus and online as noted in the class listing. Students must have access to a computer, the internet and an individual email address. Most De Anza classes will use the Canvas course management system. We recommend a laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete the course; a tablet or phone may not be adequate for all assignments and tests. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382. The Student Online Resources hub with extensive information and tips can be found at deanza.edu/online-ed/students/remotelearning.
- 4 Units
- Weekly Lecture Hours: 4
- Weekly Lab Hours: 0
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
General Course Statement
- General Statement
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
Requisite and Advisory
- EWRT D001A or EWRT D01AH or ESL D005.
- Intermediate algebra or equivalent (or higher), or appropriate placement beyond intermediate algebra
- Elementary algebra or equivalent (or higher), or appropriate placement beyond elementary algebra
Limitations on Enrollment and Entrance Skills
- Limitations on Enrollment
- Not open to students with credit in the Honors Program related course.